Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day :D

Taria

I have driven a 300 mile round trip with a storming hangover today to retrieve this beautiful beautiful bass. I have wanted a Peavey Cirrus USA for some time now. Having sold my Warwick Corvette $$ last weekend I finally had some cash, and lucky me I found someone selling one on eBay which no one had bid on and I won for a ridiculously low price (in my opinion). Am I right in saying Peavey no longer make the Cirrus in the US? Anyway - I have only played it for a few hours so far but am already convinced that this is quite possibly the best bass I have ever played. I haven't played many admittedly, but I have played some which have reputations far far exceed this, and this is way better.

The first thing I was very happy to find was that it is super light. My predominant reason for finally selling my Warwick was that after 2 years of playing it I think it has actually curved my spine because it is so damn heavy - certainly a problem with my left shoulder in any case. This bass also balances exceptionally well on the strap - did I mention how light it is? I did not know bass guitars could be like this!

It has active pickups powered by not one, but two 9v batteries. Cycling through different positions with the various knobs can pretty much achieve any sound I could possibly need. I love the range of possibilities. It is amazing for slapping, amazing for two hand tapping stuff. The action is super low and the neck is lovely to play. Very slim but good string spacing - not too close.

I am actually so excited about this bass I am at a loss. IT is amazing and I am so happy with it, well worth the difficult journey today.

Here he is:

[attachment=153885:IMAG0904.jpg][attachment=153886:IMAG0905.jpg][attachment=153887:IMAG0906.jpg]

Added bonus of the original hard case too - very happy!

[quote name='Taria' timestamp='1391294053' post='2355554']
Yep - HE! Meet Cyril... :)
[/quote]

Hi, Cyril.
Actually I don't much care for calling inanimate objects 'she', whether they be basses, cars or ships... 'Cyril' is cool though. :)

Edited by discreet

Very much worth the trip! I try not to go too heavy in the naming of inanimate objects but Cyril fits.
He is getting a large amount of my attention, it is the most awesome bass I have ever played and will be glued to my hands for the foreseeable future that's for sure.

I would be keen to try a BXP version out of curiosity though. I have heard very good things about them too. It would be interesting to compare...