Why become a member? ×

G&L L-2500 Tribute

rubis

I like this one [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-L-L-2500-Tribute-5-String-Bass-/261384419734?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cdbb9b996"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-L-L-2500-Tribute-5-String-Bass-/261384419734?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cdbb9b996[/url]

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1390951161' post='2351761']
Collection only but the seller stipulates "absolutely no cash on collection" and seems to want PayPal or a cheque (and 7 days to clear it) . Seems odd and would definitely put me off bidding.
[/quote]

Indeed. If I'm going to collect, I'll bring the cash with me. One of the advantages of collection is you get to see the item in question and verify it's all well and as advertised... and if it isn't, no deal.
Strange.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1391206180' post='2354682']
Indeed. If I'm going to collect, I'll bring the cash with me. One of the advantages of collection is you get to see the item in question and verify it's all well and as advertised... and if it isn't, no deal.
Strange.
[/quote]
I've bought three basses over the years which i collected where the buyer wanted payment by paypal. I've found no problem with this method of payment and you are also covered by paypals protection policy.

On one occasion i wanted to see the basses before paying as the photos weren't that good on ebay so i took my laptop with me and when i checked it and found everything fine i payed there and then by paypal.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1391252732' post='2354951']
I've bought three basses over the years which i collected where the buyer wanted payment by paypal. I've found no problem with this method of payment and you are also covered by paypals protection policy.

On one occasion i wanted to see the basses before paying as the photos weren't that good on ebay so i took my laptop with me and when i checked it and found everything fine i payed there and then by paypal.
[/quote]

I have had the reverse. I buyer insisted on payment by paypal first then collection, I refused & when I got there to view and pay his wares, well lets just say I didn't stop for a coffee.

I have always wondered what would of happened if I'd paid upfront, it was a quite clever (dishonest would be more to the point) description allowing a fair amount of "fill in your own lines" if you get my drift, my dealings with paypal have not been smooth and I avoid paypal now.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1391252732' post='2354951']

[/quote]

I can't understand why a seller would rather have paypal than cash on collection, though. Why pay paypal fees and leave yourself open to all manner of chargeback scams when you can just be handed cold, hard cash?

Cash on collection is the safest method for both parties to get a safe transaction, surely??