Why become a member? ×

Looking to start again!

vibrantgermancities

Hi all,

I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now, picking up tips and advice... I thought it was about time I joined up! I've been looking to get back into bass for a fair few months now, and I'm finally looking to choose my (not quite) first bass. I used to play a lot in my teens, with a simple Squier Jazz (which I loved) and a Jackson PS5... unfortunately I've been playing guitar exclusively for the past 8 or so years, and over that time my beloved basses ended up part-ex'd for a revolving door of 6 strings. Now it's become fairly clear what a terrible mistake I've made, and thus it's time to get back into 4 string territory...

I've spent the past weeks diligently scouring the web for the right deal - I even pulled the trigger on a Vintage 5 string (not because it was what I really wanted - at all - but because it was a stupidly low price) only for the shop to tell me it was actually not fit for sale. A little disappointing, but probably a sign that I should really be looking for 'the one*' instead of settling for just anything! Still, the search continues... looking to get out into Birmingham to try some things out in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I'll have to keep running my eye over the forums for some ideas!

Looking forward to getting involved!

Rob

*the budget 'one', of course!

:hi:
Hello Rob. Welcome to BC and back to Bass (you know it makes sense!). I've heard some good things about Music Man Ray4 'SUB' (£300) and 'Sterling' (£600) Basses, which sound similar to their expensive 'Stingray' cousins. If I had some spare cash, I would really like to try/buy one of these. There might also be some pre-loved one's lurking around in the BC For Sale forums.. good luck! :)

Simon Edward.