Why become a member? ×

New Krappy bass day

BetaFunk

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1389719397' post='2337201']
I love the look of the Krappy stuff. I quite fancy a one-string bass.
Did you have to buy and import from the States? I've never seen reference to a distributor in the UK.

Are you going take it out and play in public?
[/quote]
I bought it direct from Krappy in US and they sent it over to the UK. They built exactly what i wanted and it took a about three weeks from making it to delivery which i thought was excellent service.

I don't play in any bands and i suppose you would be limited to what you could play. I can't see many pub audiences standing for an evening of Morphine songs. :D

I will offer the loan of it to a few friends who play in bands to see if they want to gig with it for a song or two.

I've had a couple of Krappys in the past - a touchstyle and an electric upright. Not brilliantly made instruments, but distinctive, functional and fun. Not to mention cheap, and he works very fast. Kevin's a great guy, extremely talented player too. Just don't get into any religion-themed conversations with him - he has some strange ideas. :D

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1389720453' post='2337211']

I don't play in any bands and i suppose you would be limited to what you could play. I can't see many pub audiences standing for an evening of Morphine songs. :D

[/quote]

You would if I was in the audience..... I played a couple of Morphine songs at an open Mic sesh with two like-minded muso mates, it went down so well we were all up for getting a full set together. As ever, other stuff got in the way so it never happened.

I'd come to a Morphine-themed gig :)

(I've taken two strings off my Kramer The Duke... figure the aluminium neck is rigid and won't be affected by lack of string tension. Also the pup is somewhat mis-spaced so with only two strings I can get round that. Now I need to persuade the new girl at work to start playing baritone sax again...)

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1389813040' post='2338229']
You would if I was in the audience..... I played a couple of Morphine songs at an open Mic sesh with two like-minded muso mates, it went down so well we were all up for getting a full set together.
[/quote]
That's my sort of pub!

Around here unless you played a few AC/DC toons you'd never be asked back. :(

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1389833948' post='2338589']
I'd come to a Morphine-themed gig :)

(I've taken two strings off my Kramer The Duke... figure the aluminium neck is rigid and won't be affected by lack of string tension. Also the pup is somewhat mis-spaced so with only two strings I can get round that. Now I need to persuade the new girl at work to start playing baritone sax again...)
[/quote]
That makes three of us then for a Morphine themed evening. :)

I bought a Reverse Jaguar type old tat guitar from Gear4Music for £35 and converted it to a 2-string bass. Although it is of course very short scale i was amazed how good it sounded.

The prices are are the Krappy website:

[url="http://www.krappyguitars.com/pricing.html"]http://www.krappygui...om/pricing.html[/url]

Shipping for mine was about £50 and once imported the shipping and import costs were equal to the cost of the guitar. That's obviously the down side but it was still worth it to me.

Edited by BetaFunk