Why become a member? ×

Affordable but good quality?

ATSbassman

Hi all

First should give you a little it of background info as it would probably be beneficial

I'm a 17 year old metal bassist and currently use a duel rail double humbucker Kramer

I am after a second bass, something again with humbuckers as I like the sound they give towards my tone but I don't have silly money spending

I prefer either matching headstocks or maple necks

So with that info what options might I have that I can get a bass that is still good quality but won't go breaking the bank?

Edited by ATSbassman

[quote name='ATSbassman' timestamp='1388602834' post='2323936']
Whats everyones opinion on the Spector performers or Warwick Rockbasses?

Know they are the low end but coming from well know companies is worth considering?
[/quote]

I know where you're coming from, and a lot of bassists from bands you probably like play Warwicks or Spectors, but you would do better going for a used one if you want on of those name brands.
A used Spector Legend Classic could easily be got within your budget. If you look around you can pick up the occasional German Warwick for about £400 these days too. Maybe a Fortress or a Corvette.

Seriously, thought, if you're buying new, try a Yamaha TRBX504. It'll thrash the pants off a Rockbass or a Performer in every category of quality.

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='ATSbassman' timestamp='1388602834' post='2323936']
Whats everyones opinion on the Spector performers or Warwick Rockbasses?

Know they are the low end but coming from well know companies is worth considering?
[/quote]

I've had a Spector legend classic sixer for a while now and to be honest, it's a great bass... the fit and finish are actually better than my German Warwick and US Fenders... Very modern scooped tone though, bright and deep.

You should be able to find a 5 string well within your budget. I think these are a lot of bass for the money.