Why become a member? ×

My new cab is on the way! Schroeder content...

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='232389' date='Jul 4 2008, 12:42 AM']Back home after the first gig...

HOW COOL IS THIS CAB??

I've just done a gig with my 'other' band - a boomy, muddy stage with FOH support. It's EXACTLY as I hoped... just like the 21012L with a tighter low end. Still plenty of bottom end, but tighter. The 21012L is definitely a Solid State and/or roundwound cab. I can't wait for tomorrow's gig...!

One downside, though... there's a slight 'flapping' coming from the slanted baffle area when you hit a low 'G'. It's not noticeable in the mix. I emailed Jorg who immediatey replied with some suggestions, and [i]'not to worry, I'll take care of you if you need a replacement;'[/i]. He's a class act...[/quote]

Cool.
I find the schroeders are good for hollow stages. They seem a bit tighter in the low end.

Glad you like it. It looks the part.

Funny enough i also had a noise coming form my new Celestion loaded 1212L. Took the whole thing apart, twice. Thought it was a wire that was touching one of the drivers so when i hit loud low notes it would vibrate. I thought i got rid of it but at the first gig it came back. Got worse as the gig went on. Next gig i took it apart but couldnt find anything wrong at all. Turns out it was the dome on the angled driver coming away from the main cone. It was only about a coupe of inches but it made a bit of a racket at gig volume. I only found this out by accident but as i got mine from Shaun over here i emailed both him and Jorg and got a new driver within a few days. great service from the both of them.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Edited by dave_bass5

That looks great! Mine had an odd rattle on anything below a low G but went away after I tightenned up all the visible screws a bit. Great choice. I played a theatre gig in a 300 capacity venue with the volume at around 11 o clock on the Ashdown and the soundguy said he had hardly anything going through the PA as the rig blasted out nearly enough lows to fill the room! Hopefully youtube evidence at some point. Enjoy the cab it looks fantastic.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='232440' date='Jul 4 2008, 08:26 AM']It'll be great to see you on Sunday if you can make it, WH! I'll be using the Walkabout Scout for that though, probably....[/quote]

Yes I suppose it would be overkill in a venue that size... I'm not coming then :) Just joshing :huh: Going to see the Gangsters of Ska tonight, gigging in Blyth tomorrow and your gig Sunday, busy weekend!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='232778' date='Jul 4 2008, 04:11 PM']Yes I suppose it would be overkill in a venue that size... I'm not coming then :) Just joshing :huh: Going to see the Gangsters of Ska tonight, gigging in Blyth tomorrow and your gig Sunday, busy weekend![/quote]

I love the Gangsters....... P bass into an old Trace Rig - Lush tone, great band !!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='232449' date='Jul 4 2008, 08:51 AM']Cool.
I find the schroeders are good for hollow stages. They seem a bit tighter in the low end.[/quote]

just to add to the Schroeder thread....

took delivery of my 1212L the day of a 'barn dance' gig..... actually a 'dance in a barn'..
was told the barn was 40 x 110 *FEET* so thought it would be a good tryout for the 1212L on its own (only taking vocal PA) - knowing that Jorg had said they need some 'running in'

get there.... hmmmm... more like 40 x 100 *YARDS* ! - well not quite - but you get the picture

there was help from the 'stage' - planks on scaffolding but have to say i was well impressed with how it coped - you couldn't even see it from the back of the 'barn' but reliable folks checked it out for me and were surprised how it covered front to back....

used it in small bars since and lovin'it!
roger

[quote name='rogerds' post='233977' date='Jul 7 2008, 10:13 AM']you couldn't even see it from the back of the 'barn' but reliable folks checked it out for me and were surprised how it covered front to back....

roger[/quote]

Thats my only problem with my 12xx cabs.
I know it really doesn't make any difference to the mix etc but i do like to see a something bigger behind me
One of the reasons i got my UL212 rather than another 1210R when i was looking for a new cab last year.
I must say though that now i have played a few of our regular gigs with the 1212L im pushing my SA450 a lot less and am still a bit too loud sometimes.

And im going to be on the Schroeders players page as well :-)
I sent him a pic last night as he had asked me to send him something. I think it was in return for the driver problem i had when i first got it.

Edited by dave_bass5