A good precision 5 ?

flychris

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1388345504' post='2321067']
Non traditional options (if it's a P sound rather than P look you're after):

Yamaha BB2025X/BB1025X/BB425X:

MTD CRB 5:

Reverend Mercalli:

[/quote]

That CRB5 MTD is a cool looking bass and i had no idea that they existed !
I just watched this sound clip and id doed sound good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM_51fsABgc

I'm not a five string fan myself, I don't think many brands make them very well tbh and I'm not comfy with them, they don't suit my style of playing. But if I was to choose Within the intermediate price range the first brand I'd go with for a 5 without any hesitation is Lakland. Head and shoulders the best 5 string brand I've ever tried. Yamaha make some crackers too.

I just tried a Squier VM precision V, it was a cracking bass, incredibly well made and well set up out of the box. The B string was fine, it sounded like a precision with a B string string! Not quite as articulate as say my Roscoe Beck v, but perfectly good for what I play, soul/funk/Motown stuff. I nearly walked out with it but fought hard as I don't REALLY need a precision at the moment.

Build and playability wise though, incredible considering it was £249, a lot better than the 70s jazz they had in and no worse than the USA fenders I have had in the past. I'm almost talking myself into ordering one now.....