Why become a member? ×

SOLD + + + Hughes & Kettner Bassmaster Tube Preamp
£175

disssa

out of interest, how loud would this make a 4 ohm 1X15 Cab? Having looking at the German manual on the Hughes and Kettner website it says 25 Watts, but it's hard to know what to expect from 25 Watts of tube power. I know it's a difficult to say how loud, but would it hold it's own with a fairly quiet band, or would it need a separate power amp for that?

[quote name='The Badderer' timestamp='1388100397' post='2318610']
out of interest, how loud would this make a 4 ohm 1X15 Cab? Having looking at the German manual on the Hughes and Kettner website it says 25 Watts, but it's hard to know what to expect from 25 Watts of tube power. I know it's a difficult to say how loud, but would it hold it's own with a fairly quiet band, or would it need a separate power amp for that?
[/quote]

No, that's 25w drawn from the mains. The audio o/p to a speaker cab is rated as 5w. Useful at home, or recording, certainly, but not enough in a band setting, I shouldn't think.
Hope this helps.

Thanks!! I was struggling with the German manual. This is still interesting for me as I was looking at something that could be easily taken from home with me, but also really want a tube pre-amp, so i'm interested. I'll see how funds go after i've done all the money stuff over christmas :)