Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending Payment: Spector ReBop 5 DLX FM

Mikey D

Bought at the end of January. I've only used this bass for a couple of gigs as I really am a fretless man, nothing against the bass, its great, but it just doesn't get used much! Definitely too nice to be sitting on a bass stand, although it does look good (IMO).

• Colour: Ultra Amber
• Original Spector NS curved body style
• Graphite Reinforced 3pc Bolt-On Rock Maple Neck
• Alder body. FM models feature Figured Maple Top, EX models feature exotic Zebra Wood Top
• 24 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard, mother of pearl Spector inlays, 35" scale
• Black Hardware, including aluminum Spector Locking Bridge
• EMG-HZ passive humbuckers, Spector TonePump active tone controls. Boost only, internal voltage doubler.
• Strung with an almost new set of strings (Think they are Rotosound Swing 66, blue ends)
• RRP in Spector list $2099, tend to go for £650-£750 new depending where you get it.

As my bass teacher put it: "That is a lot of bass and wood for the money" and now you can get it even cheaper.

Negatives: Slight not very deep 'chip' on headstock as can be seen on photo, not as visible in the flesh. One/two indents on back of neck very low down around the 2nd fret (Not actually that bad, but just to let you know)

Positives: Everything else! Basically as new, great sound, very playable, fresh strings and a new setup.

Genuine reason for sale: In addition to not really playing fretted, I'm taking a year out of my studies and moving to Ireland for a bit and then doing a bit of travelling and can't take everything with me. I obviously need to fund it all as well! :) (That's why there is a LOT of my main gear up for sale-recording gear, drumkit, hardware, cymbals, my jazz beard isn't for sale, but we can haggle-check my signature for links to other posts.)

Website: [url="http://www.spectorbass.com/bass_euro_ReBop5DLXFM_1.html"]Spector Rebop 5[/url]

Price: [s]£500[/s] [s]£470[/s] £455 [updated] and I will throw in the stand (and leather strap now)

Delivery/Collection: I would rather buyer collects as I don't have a spare gigbag/case for it.

A larger resolution to see the lovely wood on the front: Edited by Mikey D

• 2 weeks later...