Why become a member? ×

So I bought a Steinberger...

-Virtue-

and here it is:

[color=#333333]sounds awesome too,[/color][color=#333333] had a good sesh at my Band practice tonight, i might have to get it professionally set up though, theres a bit of fret buzz on the 5th string, but it still sounds great, takes some getting used too! but I love it, its so unique, and Thomann did a great job at delivering it from Germany in 3 DAYS!!! free postage!!! [/color]

Edited by -Virtue-

I had a dream about one of these basses once. When I asked the guy in the shop to get it down for me it was an Aria SB1000, but was a Steinberger when he gave it to me. The sound was beyond anything I had ever imagined and I soon had a crowd of gasping admirers.
Caused quite severe GAS for some time, let me tell you.

Wow....learn sonething every day i didnt know steinberger's were still being made....didnt they get bought out by gibson or someone?

Sweet looking bass....how you getting on with headless element? I had to put fret blocks on my jack or i kept getting wrong notes!

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1386188859' post='2297024']
Wow....learn sonething every day i didnt know steinberger's were still being made....didnt they get bought out by gibson or someone?

Sweet looking bass....how you getting on with headless element? I had to put fret blocks on my jack or i kept getting wrong notes!
[/quote]

not sure they got bought out, but its sure a sweet axe! And as for it having no head, its alright! not really noticed any difference interms of finding my way around, although im used to playing a restrung righty so its gonna take me a long while to get used to it, if I had a complaint it would be theres nowhere to put your bridge hand, but tbh, you can rest it on top and I usually alternate between finger and pick anyway so its not much of a big deal.

[quote name='-Virtue-' timestamp='1386197612' post='2297228']if I had a complaint it would be theres nowhere to put your bridge hand[/quote]
There is a rather simple solution for that, you can probably make it yourself.

It is just a piece of stainless steel tube (3x4 millimeters) on which I flattened the ends, I also put a couple of spacer rings with a thickness of 3 millimeters between this tube and the pickup rings to get it on the height I wanted it to be from the body.

[quote name='blablas' timestamp='1386199261' post='2297248']
There is a rather simple solution for that, you can probably make it yourself.

It is just a piece of stainless steel tube (3x4 millimeters) on which I flattened the ends, I also put a couple of spacer rings with a thickness of 3 millimeters between this tube and the pickup rings to get it on the height I wanted it to be from the body.
[/quote]

What a superb bit of engineering thought and execution. So elegant and simple. Nice one man!