Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1995

louseskaman

[b][size=6]FURTHER PRICE DROP WAS [s]£1895 ono[/s] NOW 1795 ono[/size][/b]

[size=5]Hi all,[/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Its breaking my heart, but unfortunately shes got to go. My Modulus Flea Bass, 1997 Model in Silver Flake with the Flea logo on the Headstock. (Serial Number 970042). [/font][/size]

[attachment=149433:modulus 020.JPG][attachment=149430:modulus 015.JPG][attachment=149432:modulus 019.JPG][attachment=149434:modulus 021.JPG][attachment=149426:modulus 011.JPG][attachment=149425:modulus 010.JPG][attachment=149431:modulus 016.JPG][attachment=149436:modulus 023.JPG]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Due to the unfortunate demise of another great bass manufacturer, these amazing basses are now more sort after than ever, so probably now would be the best time to let her go. I've only now had her back from the legendary Gary Waghorn after having give her a full service in which he changed a pot and tidied up the wiring (now that shes over 16 years old she needed a little tlc). [/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]As far as Im concerned shes in near mint condition, there are a couple of little dings which you've got to look very hard for. I've been told the pup and pre is Bartolini, hopefully someone in the know will be able to tell from the pics.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]I understand that being a newbie to this site, people may be a be a bit weary to buying so I would prefer if whoever is interested in buying will come and pick it up in person (South Wales) [/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]so they can see how lovely she is and can try before they buy.[/size][/font]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am considering looking for a smaller, more manageable markbass, genzbenz or similar bass head, and a white pbass either MIJ or American, so if anyone has any of these to trade plus cash please feel free to post what you got.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]I know though whoever has this is gonna love and enjoy it.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]No timewasters though please[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]Cheers[/size][/font]

Edited by louseskaman

Wow, Fleabasses everywhere at present. Welcome and good luck, wish I could justify buying one again, and am sorely tempted to PM you given I have the best Oly White 62' RI ever (which on reflection ain't going nowehere, even for this beauty) :)

Not a good time to sell, either generally or before Christmas, unless you're looking to buy also. There's some great basses out there not selling and no doubt a few folks wondering why their bass-related investments have worked out.

Having said that, you'll probably sell it tomorrow :D

This is the best bass there is for all round gigging IME

C

Not a problem. The little logo is carried by LP equipped flea basses from my knowledge. Only around for the 97/98 period, there is a big mystique about them with folk willing to pay large sums just for the pick up!

A said state of affairs for Modulus and I have been well informed by the UK dealer that their fate is all but sealed. May I also suggest you search the wanted section of our forum as many folk have been searching for a Modulus Flea for some time.