Why become a member? ×

T-Rex Jucy Lucy

danny-79

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1385142356' post='2284993']
Looked at power station or micro station from Diago?
[/quote]

Not yet, Been looking at the T-Rex stuff, thought the JL would do it, but don't want to over do it !
Maybe original TRex, the blue one would be a better option.

Had a Diago originaly a while back, an not to impressed with it (Daisy chain style) so went back to the Johnny-Shred-Freak copy of it (at 1/3 the £) and still using it to this day, running 7x effects with it via a Boss TU-2 but starting to out grow it so looking for alternatives

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1385225382' post='2285816']
If it's the one I'm thinking of Thomann do a Harley Benton version of the T Rex. Spec and layout of it is identical, so they probably share the same manufacturer.
[/quote] I think they do I use the Harley Benton one and it is a great power supply noiseless and isolated and only about 30 quid I am really pleased with mine :)

I use a Juicy Lucy with Boss pedals a LOT. Boss pedals step down the power to 9v anyway I believe.
In fact I've tried a lot of my pedals with the JL and they all seem fine, but perhaps seek advice from the pedal manufacturer regarding 12v

Si

• 4 weeks later...

Gone for the Harley Benton, was impressed with it out of the box, looked/works better than I thought, I just use it for 9v effects, there is 2x 12 outlets (haven't a clue with id ever use the 12AC for?) and the 12DV is rated at 500ma max, my only 12v pedal is the markbass compressore and that in the manual says it needs minimum of 700ma so use the adapter it came with, but of a shame as it would of been nice to run everything off the same brick.

What likely sideffects would I get if I did run it on a lower load (500ma rather than 700ma) ?

[quote name='danny-79' timestamp='1387566619' post='2313534']
Gone for the Harley Benton, was impressed with it out of the box, looked/works better than I thought, I just use it for 9v effects, there is 2x 12 outlets (haven't a clue with id ever use the 12AC for?) and the 12DV is rated at 500ma max, my only 12v pedal is the markbass compressore and that in the manual says it needs minimum of 700ma so use the adapter it came with, but of a shame as it would of been nice to run everything off the same brick.

What likely sideffects would I get if I did run it on a lower load (500ma rather than 700ma) ?
[/quote]

You'd likely blow the power supply unless it has output protection, in which case the protection would trip.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1387646004' post='2314187']

You'd likely blow the power supply unless it has output protection, in which case the protection would trip.
[/quote]

Yeah, think about just going with the original plan an getting the t-rex Jucy Lucy, but even that with the current doubler gives out 600m, still 100 short of the 700ma recommended for the compressore though.
the only one I need to check on regarding it accepting 12v is the discumBOBulator, the rest should be fine with it.
the chain goes :

Boss TU2
Markbass - Octave
Boss OBD3
Dod Envelope filter (says 10v on the back but will double check~)
Emma Discumbobulator
Cry baby 105Q
Markbass Compressore
Boss Chorus

Simple is set up but works for me