Why become a member? ×

squier silver series body - help

roger

I've just purchased a nice silver series sunburst p bass and I wanted to give it a light relic look, does anyone know what the body wood is? I'm guessing the answer is 'basswood' but it feels so light! I just wondered if anyone would have an insight as to how it would relic? I would just like to dull the gloss finish with some minor sanding like a road worn, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dodge

[quote name='roger' timestamp='1384690398' post='2279438']
I've just purchased a nice silver series sunburst p bass and I wanted to give it a light relic look, does anyone know what the body wood is? I'm guessing the answer is 'basswood' but it feels so light! I just wondered if anyone would have an insight as to how it would relic? I would just like to dull the gloss finish with some minor sanding like a road worn, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dodge
[/quote] Nooooo Dont relic it I don't know what is all the rage at present with all this relicing/roadworn look but IMHO it just makes a good guitar look S**T (runs for cover)

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1384692362' post='2279477']
It's basswood. Basswood doesn't have much in the way of a grain, so don't go too nuts with the sanding.
[/quote]

Hey thanks, that's kinda what I thought, I'm undecided at the mo as its in really good condition, just thought I'd put
the question out there, I wouldn't touch the neck just the body
Dodge