Why become a member? ×

IS there such a thing as a pedalboard input/output box.

lefrash

Something very small, that literally allows a couple of patch leads to go in and out it from the start and end of the pedal chain, and then at gigs I'd simply plug bass and amp into the box? not a pedal, just a little passive box. Some pedal boards have it built in I think.

Google search comes up with nothing (probably because I cant work out exactly what it would be called) but I would think it would be quite a handy addition, especially if some of your pedals are hidden away and might not easy to plug in and plug out of?

Any ideas?

Yes. And it comes from a couple of us bass chatters - http://www.reallyawesomepedalboards.co.uk/shop/custom-pedalboard-interface/

Input and output buffers that can be switches in and out of needed too. Due to this it isn't passive, but is powered on 9v DC with the rest of your pedals.

There's a thread on the affiliates section too - http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213431-the-really-awesome-pedalboard-company/page__pid__2255888#entry2255888

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1384371018' post='2275892']
Yep, I have one on each of my boards, brightonion make them and so does nessy on here. V simple idea but v tidy!
[/quote]

EXcellent! One of them on there website is £20 and is designed exactly as I'd need it! Thanks.

DIY for very little, either as an in/send return/out patch bay or an extra couple of quid to build a bypass loop like dudewheresmybass in case of board failure. For buffered in or out the TRAPCO interface is excellent, and both buffers can be bypassed. Worth noting my opinion on that is biased, but nevertheless it is called Awesome for a reason!