Why become a member? ×

Jazz jam, Colchester 7/11/13

Bilbo

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1383769841' post='2268967']
I am the house bass player at tomorrow's jam at The Bull in Colchester. The last three times I did it, I was the only bass player. Can SOME of you come down and give me a break? PLEASE!! :lol:
[/quote]
If only you hadn't mentioned the word Jazz hundreds would have turned up.

It's such a pity that Jazz is so disliked. :lol:

Sorry but that coincided with a rehearsal. Besides which Rob, who could possibly step into your shoes?

What kind of jazz and do you work from dots, chord charts or by ear? All these things would help to make a decision. Generally with jazz I don't have the chops to play what I like and wouldn't touch the stuff I can play with a 10 foot bargepole!

I wanted to come and see Andi but unfortunately I was in Tunisia. I was the house bass player for the gig when Elmer took it over years ago (from Mick Hutton I think) and I do the odd one now and then. A lot of my buddies play there (Simon Hurley, Albert Garza, Zak and Holly Barrett, Dan Banks, Andy Staples etc) so I'm there pretty frequently. We know a lot of the same people and it's high time we met Rob!