Why become a member? ×

A pair of Aguilar GS112's - mint condition

Geester

Two Aguilar GS112's at the bargain price of £475 for the pair. They are a few months old having seen very little use, I use a Berg HS410 with an Aggie DB750 and got these for smaller gigs. However, the drummer is a bit of an animal so I find myself using the Berg all the time. Plus I need to get the conservatory floor tiled and the good lady spotted these laying idle in the corner.

I thought I'd give 'em a couple of days on here before they go off to EvilBay. Payment by paypal is OK as long as we split the fees. As far as trades go (she won't be happy but...) I have a burning desire for a Status 6 string for some reason so if anyone has one and is happy with the Aggies plus some cash please do drop me a PM.

I live near Huntingdon in Cambs, delivery is possible within a reasonable distance for the cost of the diesel. Otherwise I'm happy to meet somewhere in the middle if it makes life easier.

Cheers

Geester

[attachment=9947:DSC00243.JPG]

[attachment=9948:DSC00244.JPG]

Edited by Geester

I was just looking at the top picture and saw in the background 'The Kids Cookbook'. I was curious to find out if it's best to marinade them first before going in the roasting tin?

Enough of that nonsense.. lol.. I do like the GS112's. Very capable!

I was just wondering about the 212 setup...

If i'm thinking right, the two together do 600w at 4ohm? Is it the that 12" speakers don't cut the mix too well or was the drummer last seen scaling a building in the USA about 50 years ago? :)

In all seriousness, i've currently got a Peavey rig i bought off here (My first rig) from Hit&Run... its been fantastic for me so far, but as the band starts to expand, theres more traveling involved and portability becomes more of an issue.

I've a 2x10 1x15 setup, Mark VI head i think... 500w at the four ohms.

Reading round i thought two 112 cabs would be great: Portability, great sound (so ive read) i was thinking if i could get hold of two 112's and a lightweight head, a LMII or a Shuttle 6.0 i'd have the perfect lightweight rig.

Sorry to go off topic, i guess i was trying to ask if a 212 can cut a mix in loud rehersals and small to medium gigs... i have noticed a lot of places put the bass through the PA and use your rig as monitoring, but when they don't i'd still need to something that can be heard...

[quote name='GStar' post='225501' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:15 PM']I was just wondering about the 212 setup...

If i'm thinking right, the two together do 600w at 4ohm? Is it the that 12" speakers don't cut the mix too well or was the drummer last seen scaling a building in the USA about 50 years ago? :)

In all seriousness, i've currently got a Peavey rig i bought off here (My first rig) from Hit&Run... its been fantastic for me so far, but as the band starts to expand, theres more traveling involved and portability becomes more of an issue.

I've a 2x10 1x15 setup, Mark VI head i think... 500w at the four ohms.

Reading round i thought two 112 cabs would be great: Portability, great sound (so ive read) i was thinking if i could get hold of two 112's and a lightweight head, a LMII or a Shuttle 6.0 i'd have the perfect lightweight rig.

Sorry to go off topic, i guess i was trying to ask if a 212 can cut a mix in loud rehersals and small to medium gigs... i have noticed a lot of places put the bass through the PA and use your rig as monitoring, but when they don't i'd still need to something that can be heard...[/quote]

The size of the speaker has very little impact at all, it's how the cab and speaker(s) are voiced/constructed that matters. Which amp and bass you are using and how you have them EQ'd has far more to do with cutting through a mix than what cab you are using from my reading and experience.

Mids are generally what cuts through a mix, GS112 has a mid scooped voicing which leans toward more bass than highs.

That said it is dependant on what your playing and what instruments are in your band/how they are EQ'd, if you are really interested you should be making a seperate thread to discuss the topic.... not jamming up this F/S thread with a somewhat incoherant brainfart imho.

Don't mean to be rude, even though I realise I probably am.

You'll see that i did apologise for the ramble, its hardly a "clutterd brainfart" whatever one of those happens to be.

I included it here because i believed it to be relevant to the item on sale and thought the OPer might shed some light on why he chooses the 410 over the 212 i wasnt after anything in depth-just his opinion/experience

And if you don't mean to be rude, restructure what you're saying, or don't say anything: Your reply is just as much clutter in my eyes as my post is in yours... Don't state it and hit post anyway.

Well, this thread is going well. FWIW I think the original respondent made a pretty good case for posting here - no point spending the best part of £500 on a pair of cabs if you only [i]think[/i] you know what they'll sound like. And any discussion of what they can actually do will surely only help the seller to find a buyer.

Anyway: Is there any chance of posting these? And any estimate of the costs? I realise it would be a huge pain in the arse but I'm looking for a portable 2x12 solution at the moment and I'm in York which is way too far away to collect.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='225606' date='Jun 24 2008, 08:17 AM']That was quite a mean post, Mr. Minty Death.

It was going very well until the end.

Just sayin'.[/quote]

Just really annoys me, when people can't be bothered to do research on an item, leaning heavily on the seller for information with vague questions and with no real intention of buying the item.

The topic he is broaching isn't something that can be answered in one post, because it requires allot of information off him which he didn't volunteer. Instead of absorbing the knowledge i've just given him and provide information on what amp, bass, guitars/instruments his band mates play and the genre of music he plays.... he chose to pick up on the second to last sentence of my post and react.

If he was really interested in buying these cabs or finding out more about them, then one of the best (common sense) ways is to have posted a thread in the appropriate forum, I along with many others here have had experience with these cabs and can/will provide much more insight than a thread in the for sale forum. Not to mention just doing a simple search for gs112 in the amp/cab forum, came up with two pages of results, if he were to do the same search on talkbass or hcbf then he would get even more opinion and debate to form his decision.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='225950' date='Jun 24 2008, 03:32 PM']Just really annoys me, when people can't be bothered to do research on an item, leaning heavily on the seller for information with vague questions and with no real intention of buying the item.

The topic he is broaching isn't something that can be answered in one post, because it requires allot of information off him which he didn't volunteer. Instead of absorbing the knowledge i've just given him and provide information on what amp, bass, guitars/instruments his band mates play and the genre of music he plays.... he chose to pick up on the second to last sentence of my post and react.

If he was really interested in buying these cabs or finding out more about them, then one of the best (common sense) ways is to have posted a thread in the appropriate forum, I along with many others here have had experience with these cabs and can/will provide much more insight than a thread in the for sale forum. Not to mention just doing a simple search for gs112 in the amp/cab forum, came up with two pages of results, if he were to do the same search on talkbass or hcbf then he would get even more opinion and debate to form his decision.[/quote]

Hey, whatever, but (*looks up*) it says 'The home of deep discussion' up there.

Gstar chose to discuss something, along with a little apology for doing so, without doing anything to upset Geester's thread other than give it a bump.

Some people are really intolerant. IMO.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='225980' date='Jun 24 2008, 04:13 PM']Hey, whatever, but (*looks up*) it says 'The home of deep discussion' up there.

Gstar chose to discuss something, along with a little apology for doing so, without doing anything to upset Geester's thread other than give it a bump.

Some people are really intolerant. IMO.[/quote]

I answered everything that was within my grasp to do so, I don't see anyone else leaping to his aid?

Fair enough I was rude, but I didn't have the time to put it any other way and that is how I felt he came across.

Sure intolerance isn't a virtue, but you have to strike a balance somewhere or there will be no etiquette.

I don't want to get more Off Topic in this post, so consider this a bump!

I started exactly such a thread Minty, in December when i joined... If you look at what im asking for, i was asking why he felt the 2 112's weren't powerful enough in his band. Not any technical info, i gave a background situation i am in and some info as to why the loudness was a key to me.

So everything you've immediately presumed i didn't do, i have. I apologised for going off thread, and i will again for this, but when i started that thread and looked at others, i got personal opinion and "i wont tell anyone what cabs they should buy" - ultimately, most threads end up in debates over personal preference over science, which is still great. All i was after hear was perhaps; "I cant cut throguh the mix or, the 12's don't give a good bass/mid/treble" etc etc

If its such an annoyance for you, then why not just open the next thread and carry on? If you havent got time then why waste it belittling others. I was and am genuinely interested, another point you presumed i wasn't.

Think you completely misread my intentions and jumped in arse over head.