Why become a member? ×

1975 Fender Precision, with original case.
£2100

gary mac

[quote name='Jonnyboy Rotten' timestamp='1386941228' post='2306647']
Can someone lend me a couple of grand?
[/quote] I would, but you wouldn't like it. Its not roadworn at all. In fact there's no real scratches on the whole bass. And there's no characteristic dings or buckle rash.

Also, the neck/FB is nice and smooth straight with no frets sticking up anywhere. It's so like a new bass, you really won't like it at all. (Much) :P

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1386958484' post='2306893']
I would, but you wouldn't like it. Its not roadworn at all. In fact there's no real scratches on the whole bass. And there's no characteristic dings or buckle rash.

Also, the neck/FB is nice and smooth straight with no frets sticking up anywhere. It's so like a new bass, you really won't like it at all. (Much) :P
[/quote]

Dag nabbit! You have to go and rub it in! ;)

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1386958484' post='2306893']
I would, but you wouldn't like it. Its not roadworn at all. In fact there's no real scratches on the whole bass. And there's no characteristic dings or buckle rash.

[/quote]

Tell you what, lend me the £2k and ill see if it is as good as you say! :D

[quote name='Jonnyboy Rotten' timestamp='1386960066' post='2306925']
Tell you what, lend me the £2k and ill see if it is as good as you say! :D
[/quote]
It isn't. No way. Actually it's awful. I'm saving you from yourself really. In fact I've gone round Gary's a couple of times and I'm working on getting it road-worn. But it's a slow job. It's going to take a long time. Give me a few years ad we might just get there.
:rolleyes:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1387133982' post='2308547']
It really would - but I don't deserve it. I've been a bad boy this year. :( you still deserve a treat Mark

[/quote][quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1387133878' post='2308544']
It isn't. No way. Actually it's awful. I'm saving you from yourself really. In fact I've gone round Gary's a couple of times and I'm working on getting it road-worn. But it's a slow job. It's going to take a long time. Give me a few years ad we might just get there.
:rolleyes:
[/quote]

:D

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1387403736' post='2311689']
It's like the real version of what I asked the bass doc to build, Grangur has seen the bass doc version at my house; this is what I had in mind when specifying it.

But more reliced of course
[/quote]

Yes, my one certainly wouldn't be classed as roadworn.

Did the Doc do the relicing on yours?

• 3 weeks later...