Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-Max head for sale

bottomfeed

I will be selling a Peavey T-Max head soon & just wanted to sound out if there is any interest?
I've owned it from new & had it serviced regularly.... in good condition (pics to follow) ...it's in a 2U flight case.
[b]£200 [/b]
Ok camera pix....

Edited by bottomfeed

I've always been interested in one of these because of the 2 channel facility and the fact that it can drive two 4 ohm cabs - is that right or am I thinking of another Peavey model?

How does the 2-channel facility work exactly?

The Two channel is just on the preamp gain - you have solid state and valve pre-amps and can switch between them (if you have the footswitch its even better). The tube is good cos you have pre and post gain so you can drive the tube just how you want it - just like the shuttle!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='223338' date='Jun 20 2008, 11:49 PM']The Two channel is just on the preamp gain - you have solid state and valve pre-amps and can switch between them (if you have the footswitch its even better). The tube is good cos you have pre and post gain so you can drive the tube just how you want it - just like the shuttle![/quote]

.... or blend valve & solid state together... The crossover option is quite cool too & it goes down to 2 Ohms

Here's a link to the manual... [url="http://www.peavey.com/search.cfm?c=5&term=tmax"]T-Max Manual[/url]

Reckon it's the best amp Peavey have made!..... if I could afford to, I'd keep it!

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='223398' date='Jun 21 2008, 05:00 AM'].... or blend valve & solid state together... The crossover option is quite cool too & it goes down to 2 Ohms

Here's a link to the manual... [url="http://www.peavey.com/search.cfm?c=5&term=tmax"]T-Max Manual[/url]

Reckon it's the best amp Peavey have made!..... if I could afford to, I'd keep it![/quote]
Thanks for the info!

The way it seems to me having looked at the manual, you can only use one bass with it at any one time.. But that one bass signal can be sent through two different channels for really quick changes of sound and by combining the channels, you also get a 3rd sound..

What it doesn't seem to be is an amp that can have two different basses plugged in at any one time - is that right?

[quote name='umcoo' post='223486' date='Jun 21 2008, 11:21 AM']I'll answer this cos I used to have one, you can only play one bass through it. There's the solid state preamp, tube preamp, and then you can select both at the same time. I liked both when I had mine[/quote]
Thanks.; that's what I thought...

[quote name='RichardH' post='223481' date='Jun 21 2008, 11:16 AM']How many basses can you play at one time? :huh:[/quote]
Just saw this! :)

Simple answe is one, but not very well more often than not.

The reason I'm interested in an amp with 2 channels is because during gigs I use my Roscoe Beck V which I'm sure you know, has a very low output. But on certain songs, I use my Wal Pro, which has a very high output.

So an ideal situation for me would be having 2 channels set up completely seperately; one for each bass in order to save any hassle when switching over during the set.

My old Peavey Mk IV amp had that and thought it wasn't the best amp in the world, it was bloody handy when using more than one bass.

Sorry for hijacking the OP by the way...

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='223735' date='Jun 21 2008, 06:29 PM']Hey Nik - get an EBS Microbass II

Sorry as well :)[/quote]
Cheers John

I've heard they're expensive but great and I don't know a thing about them.. Will have a look now though.. Thanks!

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='223793' date='Jun 21 2008, 07:41 PM']Cheers John

I've heard they're expensive but great and I don't know a thing about them.. Will have a look now though.. Thanks!

Nik[/quote]
You could borrow mine if you want to try it.

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='223947' date='Jun 22 2008, 02:18 AM']cool, ok... PM's received from the 2 Nicks!.... just back from a gig & knackered, so I'll answer them tomorrow ....
you might have to fight it out though! ....looks like I got a sale to one or the other... :)[/quote]

I declare war at sundown for the amp! :huh:

[quote name='Motocross_nick' post='223975' date='Jun 22 2008, 09:26 AM']I declare war at sundown for the amp! :huh:[/quote]
Will this be some kind of wierd 'bass-off' like that scene in Zoolander, only you have to do ridiculously complicated basslines to become the winner :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='224041' date='Jun 22 2008, 11:11 AM']Will this be some kind of wierd 'bass-off' like that scene in Zoolander, only you have to do ridiculously complicated basslines to become the winner :)[/quote]

i was thinking more of a hack each others limbs off sort of war :huh: :huh: