Why become a member? ×

SOLD! - WAL MK3 Bass Guitar
£3500

RachAllenBand

THIS GUITAR IS NOW SOLD. THANKS TO BASSCHAT!

My husband, Tom, is reluctantly selling his Wal bass. He's owned this guitar from new. It was built in 1997.
He went to the Wal workshop in High Wycombe to order it. It is in extremely good condition and sounds fantastic.
NEVER GIGGED.
It has a mahogany body, Indian ebony fretboard and gold hardware.
Comes with Wal case.It is fitted with SimS gold LEDs
Click on this link to see photos: [url="http://www.rachael-allen.com/Guitars.htm"]http://www.rachael-a...com/Guitars.htm[/url]

Sorry for the price change, but I have found out much more common Mk 1 Wal basses are changing hands for well over three grand nowadays. This bass is more recent and a much rarer Mk 3 version in superb condition with the extra-cost black poly finish and LEDS, and is exactly the kind of example that a serious collector would be looking for. These basses are often selling secondhand for very near to the brand new asking price.

Let us know if you have questions or want to see a particular type of photo. You can email [email protected]

NOTE: Tom is not prepared to ship the guitar, so it is collection only. However, he may meet someone ½ way, depending on your distance from him in Berkshire.

Edited by MysticGuitar

Apologies to those who posted before, Rachael wanted to change the price on her ad so we had to create a new listing. I tried transferring replies over so there was some continuity but it stuck them above Rachaels original post and turned the whole ad into a mess so I had to delete them with the original. Hopefully it's sorted out for Rachael now.

Wow!
The all black no-nonsense look here is exactly what I have often dreamed about when the day comes when I can actually afford to put in my own order to Wal (It's way up there on the bucket list)
Sadly that day is not today.

I don't blame you for increasing the price as what you have it listed for now is pretty much what you'll pay for a new one with these specs but without the 17 month wait.
I expect a serious Wal shopper will show up soon rubbing his/her hands together with glee at the chance to not wait a year and a half for one.

Best of luck with the sale of this stunning bass.

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1380805590' post='2230821']
I don't blame you for increasing the price as what you have it listed for now is pretty much what you'll pay for a new one with these specs but without the 17 month wait.
I expect a serious Wal shopper will show up soon rubbing his/her hands together with glee at the chance to not wait a year and a half for one.

Best of luck with the sale of this stunning bass.
[/quote]

The asking price of this bass is actually nowhere near what you will expect to pay for a new Wal Mk3 to this spec . One of these in gloss black with gold hardware , an ebony board and LED's would set you back well over five grand , I would anticipate , plus , as you mention, the year and a half wait time . This is a rare and rather stunning bass at a bargain price when you look at what some Mk1 basses are selling for . In my opinion these MK3's were the best basses Wal ever made . I expect the seller will be fighting punters off with a stick .

Edited by Dingus

Hi Rachael

i have given Jose/kulit17 my info (email and Tel) incase you have any questions. Been awhile since i posted on here. I will be around more regular even though i think my Wal g.a.s is actually over. lol. Any transaction on Talkbass involving Jose that i have seen has been nothing but pleasant for both parties. ;)

But your bass and that red MKII in the classifieds here are outstanding. I just had an amazing transaction with Richard Turner (not sure if he is a member here) but his bass now has a good home in Canada. Here is Muriel

I appreciate the kind words Dean, uh wait a minute why am i bump'in this up, lol :ph34r: [quote name='deaners70' timestamp='1381331896' post='2237751']i have given Jose/kulit17 my info (email and Tel) incase you have any questions. Been awhile since i posted on here. I will be around more regular even though i think my Wal g.a.s is actually over. lol. Any transaction on Talkbass involving Jose that i have seen has been nothing but pleasant for both parties. ;)

[/quote]