Why become a member? ×

Recommend a good Refinisher Please!

thebrig

Can anyone recommend a good, and reasonably priced refinisher in the Herts/Beds/Essex/Bucks/Middx/North London areas?

And would it be considerably cheaper to spray a new body, than to prepare and re-spray an older body?

I can't afford to pay the earth, but I am prepared to pay the going rate for a decent job.

Thanks in advance, as I know you people out there in "Basschat land" usually come up with great advice! :)

Edited by thebrig

For a top draw pro guy: Peter Woodcock & Sons in Hoddesdon

Adam is the guy to speak to. 01992 444449 [email protected]

If you want a cheaper, semi-pro/good one, I can do it. I'm in Bishops Stortford. PM me.

I worked in furniture and I did a good bit of re-finishing, but the guys in Hoddesdon did all our major spraying of solid oak furniture. They do some great work in everything from fixing scratches to full spraying in both polishes and painted finishes.

New body or old? - The quality of the finish is in the preparation. and what you want doing. If you want a painted finish there's not much difference. between the 2. There is, of course the cost of stripping, but that's not too much.

If you want a clear/natural wood look, then the cost is depending on what you have to start with and what you want to achieve.

Richard

Edited by Grangur