Why become a member? ×

SOLD *Yamaha TRB -4P. Mint* SOLD
£600

flippyfloop

SOLD

Bought this bass recently.
These days I tend to feel less comfy taking my Fodera out on some gigs so I've been on the look out for a good quality four string.
This yamaha TRB turned up & I've wanted one for a long time so grabbed it.
The condition of this bass is unbelievable. Hardly a mark on it, looks like it's spent most of it's life in a glass case. Still has the stickers on the knobs & bridge !
The playability & sound quality is superb & definitely stands up next to any boutique basses I've owned. Has better sustain & a more open sound than my Fodera IMO, seriously.
So why am I selling it you ask.
Two reasons -

1- It's in such great condition that I feel almost as nervous taking it out as I do with my Fodera.

2- I'm really picky about weight. The TRB is only 9.4lbs but all my other basses are around the 8.8lb mark. Due to the fact that I have an on going problem with my back and TMJD, I need to keep the weight down. Despite ongoing exercise routine I still can't cope very well with basses over 9lbs ! This is a major bummer for me as I love this bass apart from the weight. This is also the only reason I sold my Wal Mk2 & Overwater SD bass.

Hope Jamon doesn't mind me linking his ad here.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/216440-on-holdsale-pending-sold-rare-original1989-yamaha-trb-4p-emerald-greengold-museum-mint/page__hl__trb"]http://basschat.co.u...t/page__hl__trb[/url]

Just want to get back what I paid for it.

SOLD

Trades - other 4 string, 6 string, 24 fret basses, 9lbs or under ;-)

Edited by flippyfloop

I have seldom seen a early TRB in such a pristine condition. Fortunately I can not really make use of a 4 string bass, otherwise I'd be tempted.
I think Yamaha TRB basses, regardless of vintage and model are always of very good value. I have had 5 of them in the past and while changes in life led me to sell them, they always are special for me.

So free bump!