Why become a member? ×

EBS Fafner vs TD650

molan

I'm looking for an EBS head at the moment but haven't had a chance to A/B the Fafner against the TD650.

I'm primarily looking for a clean 'pure' kinda sound so leaning towards the TD (or maybe an HD) as EBS seem to position the Fafner as more of a 'rock' head than the TD

Not much between them on price (depending on where you shop) so good to get some independent opinions!

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='220015' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:39 PM']I'm looking for an EBS head at the moment but haven't had a chance to A/B the Fafner against the TD650.

I'm primarily looking for a clean 'pure' kinda sound so leaning towards the TD (or maybe an HD) as EBS seem to position the Fafner as more of a 'rock' head than the TD

Not much between them on price (depending on where you shop) so good to get some independent opinions![/quote]

Both are great amps... but you are right to lean towards the TD650 and HD350. They are more clean, pure, hi-fi than the Fafner.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='220060' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:30 PM']Both are great amps... but you are right to lean towards the TD650 and HD350. They are more clean, pure, hi-fi than the Fafner.[/quote]

I do quite like the look of the Fafner I have to admit - the good old chicken head knobs always look cool!

I've also had an offer of a brand new Fafner at the same price as an HD and £300 less than a TD so that's obviously making it look a little more tempting :)

[quote name='Nick80' post='221828' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:44 PM']...not getting rid of my td650 anytime soon either, it's the nuts.
That sounds like a good deal for the fafner though, go for it I'd say.[/quote]

I've tried to pin the seller down to a firm price - I think he's wavering :)