Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1000

fingerz

For Sale Only.

My beautiful 5 String Deluxe Jazz bass. This is a player, the best Fender five I have ever played. It's the up to date model.

[u]Spec[/u]:

Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood, MOP blocks and binding
Scale length: 34", through body stringing
Pre amp: Fender Deluxe - Vol/Pan/Treb/Bass/Mid. Passive Tone. Active/Passive switch. 9V.
Pickups: Aguilar Single Coils
Finish: 3TS
Weight: Around the 10lbs mark - can be exact when I get a new battery for my scales!

As you can see from the pictures it is in great condition. There are a few small marks on the lower edge near the jack socket, some minor rub marks to the lacquer in places that you can only see in a reflection. It's been used by me professionally and as such very well looked after. Light swirling on the scratch plate, but looks like new in general. Recently re-strung with dunlops (not my favourite but all i can justify for my back up instrument).
Upgraded Aguilar single coils give it a really old school sound, with a big breathy bottom end and growly mids with 'sizzly' top end. With the Pre Amp it sounds awesome, and having the passive option and passive tone gives you sounds for all situations. B string is great, and the bass really sounds full and supportive throughout its range. Great slap tone, really Macus esq.
Currently it has Dunlop strap buttons, but I have some Schaller or std ones knocking about I'm sure which I'll swap or chuck in for you if needed. No case with this bass.
It has been used in lots of environments including west end shows and has been a totally dependable workhorse.
Any questions please ask.
Based in Chesham, Bucks. Possibly meet or deliver depending on my schedule. Welcome to come and try, and have a cuppa!

Feel free to call: 07719154668

I will add more pictures below later in the week.

Edited by fingerz

• 5 weeks later...

Hi mate,

That's cool thanks for the message. I have a jazz I love so I'm not interested I'm afraid. I'm not in a massive rush, I still love the bass just could do with the funds. If you find a buyer for your jazz or are interested anyway then let me know.

Cheers.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

They were installed by the previous owner, I bought it as is, as I really got on with it. Going on how they are voiced, I am 99% certain they are the 70's spec singles. Defo not the hum cancelling design. It's quite trebly with the stock pre (I assume compensates for the dull sounding fender noiseless pups), but the roll off on the treble pot (active circuit mode) is really nice and retains a nice smooth top end whilst allowing the mids to 'warm up' as you roll off the treble. Pretty cool. If there's any further way of i.d ing the pups let me know and I'll check it out for you.

Defo not the hum cancelling pups. I meant between the 60's/70's.

By the way, split coil on a five string is not always effective. Due to the different length in magnets (one over 2 strings, the other over 3), rather than the 50/50 split you can achieve with a 4 string design. Singles will generally achieve better hum cancelling when both pick ups are balanced (up full) than a 5 string split design.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1417711113' post='2623359']
Do you have any sound clips..?
[/quote]

Not at the moment, my home studio needs updating. If I can afford to sort it soon I'll send something to you. I'm out at the mo but will have a look through archives to see if there's anything I've used it on. What's your email address? Welcome round to have a go on it anytime too. Cheers.

I've found a little playalong I did with the bass, it's not that tight I wanted to hear how it recorded (sounds great) so it was purely for that reason. I don't really want to post it on here, but if you want to PM an email address I can send it over for you/anyone who is too far away to come and play it for themselves.. Cheers.