Why become a member? ×

Wireless?

Phil Adams

A question you need to ask is, "Do I trust the guy who did the wiring in this establishment?" for me it's, "Probably not." Therefore to avoid a nasty shock I go wireless (have you actually looked at the wiring in some pubs and clubs? Truly horrible. I worked with a drummer who was a sparky and he would turn switches on with his drum sticks to avoid touching them; good enough for me).

The ability to get out into the venue to check the mix is a very nice bonus and you get to hear what your gear 'really' sounds like rather than the sound you get on stage.

No more standing on your own lead and dropping down on one side like you've blown your knee out. No one else standing on, or tripping over your lead resulting in the wobbly knee dance again.

Yes it's more gear, but come on guys this is BC, we live for GAS :D

Interesting thread.

Often thought about it myself, mainly the setting up/sound checking reasons. But as one who rarely plays on a large stage (and if I do, don't stray too far from where I hear bass) and who likes to keep things as simple as poss, It's not been sold to me, especially by people who have a set but still use a lead.

[quote name='cybertect' timestamp='1378843524' post='2205537']
In 30 years I don't think I've ever tripped over my own lead
[/quote]
In 40 years plus, I've never NOT trodden on a cable, or had someone do it for me.
So, seven years ago, maybe eight even, I got a Samson Airline system. It happens to be a fixed frequency outside the need for a licence (pure luck), and is good for all the reasons stated. A single AAA battery powers the bug for around 3 gigs. Receiver in a Boss Bcb30 with tuner and octaver. It accepts power from the same psu as the pedals, so remains set up permanently. Cable from there to amp.
I'd be really unhappy to go back to cable.