Why become a member? ×

Very special and unique custom warwick Thumb
£1800

roonjuice

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1378762571' post='2204517']
moved factory mid 1992 init, lots of changes... You going to go early or late 1992 ? :D. ....Roon don't mind us, it s all bumps!
[/quote]

Haha, okay, i would say this would be a NAMM piece that followed the move, so winter Namm 1992 ;)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1378763582' post='2204535']
Haha, okay, i would say this would be a NAMM piece that followed the move, so winter Namm 1992 ;)
[/quote] I'm going to go 89-90. Purely cos if you were taking something to NAMM you would be showing off your latest basses... which wouldn't have dots on the finger board.... that's my logic anyway. :)

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1378794093' post='2204646']
I'm going to go 89-90. Purely cos if you were taking something to NAMM you would be showing off your latest basses... which wouldn't have dots on the finger board.... that's my logic anyway. :)
[/quote]

I would be really surprised if it was an eighties bass with the clip on control plate [i]and[/i] MEC pickups rather than EMG, i havn't seen a pre-1991 thumb without screws as i recall. My 1990 thumb definitely did, and i believe your 1992 Streamer definitely doesn't.

With regards to the fretboard dots, i think that is a red herring, what with the block inlay at the bottom and all.

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1378842965' post='2205525']
I would be really surprised if it was an eighties bass with the clip on control plate [i]and[/i] MEC pickups rather than EMG, i havn't seen a pre-1991 thumb without screws as i recall. My 1990 thumb definitely did, and i believe your 1992 Streamer definitely doesn't.

With regards to the fretboard dots, i think that is a red herring, what with the block inlay at the bottom and all.
[/quote] my streamer's a 1991 :D yeah - maybe you're right - I still think it would be pre1992....
can i come play it roon?!

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/anyone-have-warwick-moonburst-aka-silverburst-539894/"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/anyone-have-warwick-moonburst-aka-silverburst-539894/[/url]

I thought I had seen a similar finish before. Also, does it say anything on the 24th fret?