Why become a member? ×

Please help me find the right pedal *solved*

Ruck

Basically all I am after is a inexpensive pedal (under £100) which possesses the ultra massive frequency sweep of the EHX Enigma Qballs, So, transparent highs with no lose of low end all the way down to Sub low end. This and a expression input. Or am I just going to have to buy another Enigma...?

Edited by Ruck

Thank you for your suggestions, I have looked at the previous pedals mentioned before. Even been offered a BEF pro for a trade but DSP is not my cup of tea. I should have mentioned I am hoping for something under £100. Just bought the IE Oxide and already have a Frantabit. Love IE. Hence why I don't have much money left to spend!

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1377362007' post='2186760']
Thank you for your suggestions, I have looked at the previous pedals mentioned before. Even been offered a BEF pro for a trade but DSP is not my cup of tea. I should have mentioned I am hoping for something under £100. Just bought the IE Oxide and already have a Frantabit. Love IE. Hence why I don't have much money left to spend!
[/quote]

Know the feeling mate! :) i'm waiting for my frantabit, nimbus and polytope. Will join the xero and oxide.

Maybe the EHX might be best option (2nd hand?)

Haha and now theres the Subterranea!!! Indeed EHX second hand it may well have to be. Might just get someone to rebuild my Dunlop Bass Wah without the pedal and use the components in a new mini box which just features the volume, Q and expression input. But again that's £50 worth of wah being dismantled and probably more than £50 to build the rehoused custom pedal... Well I guess I have one month until the Oxide turns up so whats the hurry. Cheers

Sonuus Wahoo if you don't mind a built-in expression pedal rather than a separate input for one! There are two filters, plus clean blend and a bit of drive, and you can set the start/end freqs for each and also have different resonance values for the high/low frequencies.

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1377362007' post='2186760']
[/quote]

DSP isn't your thing, but you love Iron Ether??

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1377384150' post='2187032']
DSP isn't your thing, but you love Iron Ether??
[/quote]

As far as I know the Nimbus is the only DSP powered pedal they do...

The Frantabit converts Analogue to Digital to Analogue of course as it is a bit crusher but it does not act like a DSP pedal at all!!

Edited by Ruck

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1377450088' post='2187678']
As far as I know the Nimbus is the only DSP powered pedal they do...

The Frantabit converts Analogue to Digital to Analogue of course as it is a bit crusher but it does not act like a DSP pedal at all!!
[/quote]

I was more making the general point that most of Taylor's innovations and work is based at least initially on digital circuitry.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1377471370' post='2188013']

I was more making the general point that most of Taylor's innovations and work is based at least initially on digital circuitry.
[/quote]

Even so, the beauty of Taylors work is that they all behave like Analogue, even Valve, in the way that his pedals can be "pushed" to achieve incredible sounds.