Why become a member? ×

Need more power - what to do for the best?

jimcroisdale

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1376945026' post='2181436']
If you really need more bass then feel free to stick your cabinet right in a corner. However like others have said I don't think that's your problem. Generally if you really cant fix it with eq, then it's the room and you're just weeing in the wind. Get a wireless or a long cable and see how it sounds elsewhere. Hell, just get your guitarist to play your bass whilst you do a walk for a bit if you're that desperate. Bet you it sounds better than you think out front. Failing that, man up. Some rooms just suck for bassists! :-P
[/quote]

If I get our guitarist to play my bass, he sounds totally different from me, he cant play with fingers hard like I can, he just kind of strums with his thumb like a girl .( no offence to all you female bass players out there, just a turn of phrase) Point is, it sounds completely different <_<

The other day my brother in law (a guitarist) volunteered to dep on bass, for a local band, and I loaned him my amp. He kept on complaining that up on stage he couldn't hear anything but it sounded great out front. Just goes to show that it's sometimes difficult to be sure how loud you are out front. The only way to do it, is to get a long lead and listen to yourself from a punters viewpoint.

Edited by gjones

If your cab is between 2 and 8 feet from a boundary, that is a wall, then you will get cancellation of some frequencies. for best bass output stick the cab in a corner if possible. From the master, http://www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6388

+1 to the long lead or wireless but don't just listen to yourself on your own, listen to the whole band to see how the bass sounds, it might surprise you, but then again, it might not.

+1 to raising the cabinet and adding more speakers.

I have read that the Streamliner 600 does not have the bass of the 900, might even be true.

Edited by bertbass