Why become a member? ×

SOLD! H+H stack - refurbished 1X18 cabs (X2) , and 250W head SOLD!

SOLD to a fellow basschatter - escholl. Cheers Eric, forgot to offer you a cup of tea... sorry!

Thanks for coming to pick it up, and for being able to find my house.

Great chap, will deal with him again in the future I'm sure.

Hi there,

I have recently aquired a pair of the above listed. They were in ok condition, but had aweful styling, so i took up the challenge to get them looking a bit sexier!

I used the classic ampeg style of cab, black with cloth type grille and stainless steel corners. Due to the weight of the cabs i made some sensible ajustments including a set of castors mounted on rear ready for 'tip rolling' just lean the cab over and it rolls smoothly.

Original spec is the same:
(X2) 1 X 18, 8 ohm, 200W H + H audio/acoustics driver
both jack and speakon attachments
And a matching 250 watt head.

Have used one of the cabs for gigging just to see how it was, and moves an amazing amount of low end air. Very smooth sounding cab, and pretty darn loud; would best suite a 4X10 cab to get the best of both worlds, but the two together would pack a great punch.

Pictures should come soon - if you're really interested you can come have a look (south norfolk), or pester me for some photo's!

I'm looking to swap this whole rig for a Hartke 4.5XL (with the tweeter) so if you know anyone! ;-)

Thanks for looking,

Ben

Edited by ben_eat_pie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben give us some pics and a price, so we can see if it is worth the trade you want.

I tried a HH 250w combo a long time ago and it was amazing, (Kev Hopper of the band "Stump" use to use one-if you haven't heared this band, please check them out, what a bass player). Anyway, I also use to own a HH 2x15" cab and that wasn't bad either, so, if all is well, it could be a great retro rig for £170, (price of 4.5 secondhand).

• 5 weeks later...

it certainly is mate - thanks for the link, was about to do that but you beet me to it! watched it sell for 42.50! bargain, i really just want to swap though, money has very little value to me - i never have much and i prefer to do a favour for a favour if you know what i mean!

anyway, cheers escholl!

ben

[quote name='ben_eat_pie' post='258905' date='Aug 9 2008, 04:29 PM']it certainly is mate - thanks for the link, was about to do that but you beet me to it! watched it sell for 42.50! bargain, i really just want to swap though, money has very little value to me - i never have much and i prefer to do a favour for a favour if you know what i mean!

anyway, cheers escholl!

ben[/quote]

right, so after saying you'd sell it to me, then basically ignoring me for a week and a half, you've decided not to sell it to me after all....

not your fault, i suppose, but i would have bid on that one that just ended, it was right near me. but, i figured i'd be buying yours.

annoying. :)

[quote name='ben_eat_pie' post='261014' date='Aug 12 2008, 05:03 PM']i am in south norfolk if that's any good to you?

cheers, ben[/quote]

is that where the amp is as well?

you said it won't be till like mid september, so i'll try to sort something out with meeting you partway there.