Why become a member? ×

Ashdown abm 500+410

Patchbass

I am using one, AMB 500 evo II and ABM 410. Plenty loud at half volume, used for a gig at a pub in our village a few weeks ago and the bass was loud and clear from one end of the village to the other!

Having said that, I plan to sell the cab soon, as I have a barefaced on order, which weighs half of what the 410 does. Lifting it in and out of the car and onto stages, etc, is getting to be hard work.

I've used two ABM 410s stacked in a rock band and they are very good cabs indeed. Solid, well made, don't rattle, sound really good. These were the 600W RMS ones at 8 ohms each. I moved them on though, because as FinnDave says, hauling cabs that heavy gets old pretty quick! But yes, they can certainly deal with a shedload of power.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1375646012' post='2163880']
I've used two ABM 410s stacked in a rock band and they are very good cabs indeed. Solid, well made, don't rattle, sound really good. These were the 600W RMS ones at 8 ohms each. I moved them on though, because as FinnDave says, hauling cabs that heavy gets old pretty quick! But yes, they can certainly deal with a shedload of power.
[/quote] did you ever just use one? Was it loud enough with just one?

[quote name='Patchbass' timestamp='1375648657' post='2163923']
did you ever just use one? Was it loud enough with just one?
[/quote]

Depends which amp you're using. I was using a 1KW power amp so wasn't short of power, but yes, I imagine that unless you're in an ear-splitting rock band with a VERY loud drummer and guitarist, one cab would be more than sufficient in 99% of situations! :)

An ABM 410 will be more than loud enough to gig with. I've been using one for the past 5 years and I've never had the volume on any of my amps past halfway! It was pretty heavy compared to some other cabs I've seen but nothing too ridiculous.

EDIT: just to add that I play with an extremely loud drummer as well!

Paul

Edited by paulpirie8

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1375737450' post='2165077']
An ABM 410 will be more than loud enough to gig with. I've been using one for the past 5 years and I've never had the volume on any of my amps past halfway! It was pretty heavy compared to some other cabs I've seen but nothing too ridiculous.

EDIT: just to add that I play with an extremely loud drummer as well!

Paul
[/quote]
Ah thanks I've just read in the past things about it I think I shall hopefully get one soon

[quote name='Patchbass' timestamp='1375737198' post='2165075']
I Would use an abm 500 and play in a 3 piece band with what I would say as an average hitting drummer and the guitarist stays clean a lot of the time
[/quote]

Then you're sorted. A single ABM 8ohm 600W 410 cab will easily handle an ABM 500 amp. Go for it. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1375747855' post='2165233']

Then you're sorted. A single ABM 8ohm 600W 410 cab will easily handle an ABM 500 amp. Go for it. :)
[/quote] thanks and I think I finally know what I want and Ive found a good deal just gota do a bit more busking at the horse races and I should be able do to get them it will be my first proper rig!