Why become a member? ×

SOLD Pending - US Lakland Joe Osborn 44-60 - almost immaculate - £1500
£1500

lozbass

I've had this just eight weeks - it's gorgeous but I just can't play long-scale any more - this was my last effort (inspired by the fact that the JO has one of the loveliest, most slender and rapid necks around). Images below in post 3 but please take a look at Davidak's sale thread (his images are much better than anything I can do - Davidak, I hope this is OK with you!)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/206827-fs-us-lakland-joe-osborn-44-60-sold/page__p__2077608__hl__lakland%20osborn__fromsearch__1#entry2077608

The bass is in excellent condition with just the odd swirl or very minor evidence of play-wear - it's a 2009 model. There was one minor ding on the underside (see David's images) - I had this filled with clear lacquer and flattened (by Ged Green) when the bass was being set-up with a super-low action and DR High Beam 45-105s about 3 weeks ago. There was no chance of matching the butterscotch hence the clear finish. The scratch can be seen but is now sealed and perfectly flat. The only other blemish is an extremely minor impression on the top side of the neck just before the 11th fret (this is hard to find, I'm just trying to be entirely honest). The bass comes with the original and gorgeous cream Lakland case (one of the things that convinced me to try the bass - the cases are stunning!) plus the Lakland tools and pickup cover. The case is in very good to excellent condition with just the odd very minor mark on the black ends - apparently, the case wasn't used by the previous owner (and I haven't used it). The board is beautiful East Indian rosewood with birdseye maple front and side markers (a lovely touch). Playability is stunning: Andy Trav gave the bass a quick tweak yesterday to bring the A up a little - it had settled in the extreme heat in Manchester (!) I listened to Andy play it (wow he has some talent) and it sounds wonderful - great early J tones with a more modern pokey twist if desired.

The price at £1500 is firm and a bit of a bargain I think (I have over £1700 in the bass) - the cheapest that I can find in Europe is around £3300 from Station Music in Germany. Importing from the US would come to around £2800 to £2900 from Bass Central. These are a beautifully hand built pro instrument - on a par of better than the majority of the super Js that I've played (and that's a lot!)

No trades thanks - I'm looking for a sale only.

Collection in Manchester preferred but I can ship to the US and Europe at cost (and with insurance if required).

Edited by lozbass

This bass is the first Lakland I've been bowled over by.

If Loz was willing to wait until after my wedding, I'd be all over it.

It's perfect.

Which makes me a bit sad. Because I'll not get my mitts on it again now.

Unless...Loz.....

Loz is one of the best basschater I've ever met. I sold him this fabolous Lakland. Don't hesitate to buy it, it is a superb instrument..

Of course, Lawrence, you can use as many pictures as you want, anyway, whole album is here: http://gdavidak.rajce.idnes.cz/Lakland_US_Joe_Osborn/

Good luck with the sale.

Stunning bass and genuine bargain from one of Basschats finest.
I was really tempted when this bass was for sale by Davidak, in fact if I hadn't just bought another bass from Loz on Saturday, I would be on this like a terrier on a postman.

Grab it while its there

Hi all, thanks very much for the very kind comments - hahaha, terrier on a postman! To answer a few questions, shipping to the Netherlands is no problem (and the white case is included). The bass is really quite light and very comfortable (the carving is a delight) - I don't have a super-accurate scale but the bathroom scales suggest about 9.2lbs. Any further questions, please just ask.