Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best multi effects/ pedalboard solution?!

Talbo

You may notice that I have got a GT6B thread open atm. In short, I cant get on with it! Any sounds I have made, I havent been completely happy with and most importantly I cant seem to fulfil my number 1 requirement which is to program each pedal to contain multiple effect so I can switch direcct and avoid switching pedals on and off again before reselecting.

As as example 1. Chorus and delay. 2. Distortion 3. Clean 4. Octave distorion...... I am open to suggestions on the best way to achieve this. I would rather avoid tap dance on single multi pedals. Unless there is a COMPROMISE! Importantly good enough sound for live performance.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1375129631' post='2157119']
pedalboards usually come with an average to poor dirt sound. Buy a dedicated dirt & octave & use the board for the other fx.
[/quote]

i would second this.

dists/dirt separately. use the multi fx for comp/amp sims etc

For effects only maybe a Line6 M5 or M9
http://line6.com/m5/

For effects & amp models maybe a Zoom ms-60b
http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/ms-60b/

If you want even more amp modeling as well, an older Line6 BassPod really can't be beat IMO

Edited by Grissle

Guest FretNoMore

The GT6B has switches for patch up or down, can't you use those to scroll between your programmed sounds? If you have four patches there us not much tap dancing.

Edited by FretNoMore

you can do that in the zoom b9.1ut. the 4 pedals across the front can be separate patches if u want... so within each patch you can have the desired effects chain. have to admit i don't use it like that but its possible.

the fuzz is decent enough but the dirt sounds are a bit guff. there us however a switchable effects loop so if u want a separate dirt pedal in your sound you just leave that always on and let the zoom switch it on and off. again iv never done this but debt see why it wouldn't work perfectly well.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1375206907' post='2158209']
Maybe a boss me 50 b is easier to use ?
[/quote]

Ive been thinking of trading my GT6B for an ME50B for that very reason :)

Edited by lee650