Why become a member? ×

holy crap!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='215524' date='Jun 9 2008, 04:10 PM']Did i miss something??!!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170225295467&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123"]link[/url][/quote]
Must be THE SILVER SCRATCH PLATE you missed!! :)

Yep - there are lots of people that get suckered into paying over the odds cos its ebay so must be a bargain.

One of my ex wives got caught like that down the market, paid twice as much for a set of glasses than they were in Argos cos of some market stall patter. Del Boy would have been proud.

It might not be shill bidding, I once bought a Harley benton 6 string bass off ebay for £195 after a few months stuck it back on for 99p no reserve. In vthe last hour 2 bidders went mad for it, and it ended up selling for £295!!!

[quote name='gareth' post='215609' date='Jun 9 2008, 06:36 PM']Its a fix/set-up/sting.

Look at the bid history - bidder 6 will be related to the seller, the only substantial bidder he outbid was bidder 4 which is a new ebayer, quite probably also related to the seller.[/quote]
If it was shill bidding, I'd expect bidder 6 to withdraw his winning bid. Who do you think was doing the shill bidding?