Why become a member? ×

Metal Evolution (Series)

njr911

After having a baby 4 weeks ago and takeing shift through the night someone suggested I watch this series.

11 1 hour episods on the evolution of metal.

Brilliant series if you have any interest in metal at all. 5 hours in and just about to get to Metallica :)

Oh and the best bass for metal ?

A P with flats according to Iron Maiden

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1373921002' post='2143274']
I seen the history of heavy metal which was a series that showed different genres every episode. Is this the same show you are talking about?
[/quote]

Yep that's the one. Just watched Glam Metal. Not my bag at all but still a thoroughly enjoyable hour.

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1373923098' post='2143332']
Yep that's the one. Just watched Glam Metal. Not my bag at all but still a thoroughly enjoyable hour.
[/quote]

Yeah, indeed a great show. I was recording every episode when it was on and thorougly enjoying it, but for some reaso the last episode never recorded and I was not a happy wee boy!

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1373961477' post='2143523']
Yeah, indeed a great show. I was recording every episode when it was on and thorougly enjoying it, but for some reaso the last episode never recorded and I was not a happy wee boy!
[/quote]

Same here! There didn't appear to be an episode 11! Maybe that was the Spinal Tap episode <_<

Great series though.

I will look out for it again, incidentaly, you can buy the series on dvd on Amazon or E bay if you want to have a permanent copy.

The last episode was covering Progressive rock with the likes of Rush included, so I was indeed cheesed off to miss that after watching the rest

I've just started to watch the episode which focuses on thrash, within the first few minutes they are in the SF rehearsal studio for the Bay Area thrash bands and already Testament and Exodus are heavily featured.

Fokin" Awwwsom!

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1373974622' post='2143693']
I've just started to watch the episode which focuses on thrash, within the first few minutes they are in the SF rehearsal studio for the Bay Area thrash bands and already Testament and Exodus are heavily featured.

Fokin" Awwwsom!
[/quote]

I think I will be watching this very soon then

[quote name='megallica' timestamp='1373977306' post='2143738']
I think I will be watching this very soon then
[/quote]

Just finished watching it, I thoroughly enjoyed it and any other thrash fans should enjoy it too.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1373974622' post='2143693']

Fokin" Awwwsom!
[/quote]

[URL=http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/Bludshot89/media/randy_marsh_jizz_zps5816ce74.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o690/Bludshot89/randy_marsh_jizz_zps5816ce74.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• 1 month later...