Why become a member? ×

New Build Starting...*UPDATED* 66 Slab Body

Nibody

I never have the patience to do a bit and write about it. Firstly dealt the body a small coat of sanding sealer, then "Blonde" nitro with a shallow coat of gloss

Picked up a maple neck from here but the heel width was far too small for the body.. pity as its a nice neck. Fitted a set of suprisingly nice sounding Pbass pickups that I had removed from a Japcrap that I parted out a while ago, and as I was on a budget a cheap wiring harness. Already had the Ashtrays floating around. Picked up a MightyMite neck from a seller I've bought from before on Ebay - he's UK based so no nasty taxes, and was kind enough to Put a 60's style logo on it for me.

Added a tug bar, Tuners from the parted Japcrap and a nice threaded saddle also from the parted bass. And viola! My own tribute to the 66 Slab - Nowhere near as nice as Rick's replica - I didnt have Rick's funds saddly, but Im happy with the final result!

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1373484783' post='2138217']
Was that the case with the slab 66s?
[/quote]

I read an interview with Entwistle where he described his as having blue veins behind the white. Would have looked better with an Ash body (this is two piece Alder)

• 2 weeks later...