Why become a member? ×

F/S Antoria Jazz bass SOLD
£175

ead

[size=4]SOLD[/size]

[size=4]After much soul-searching and inner contemplation I have decided to sell this Antoria Jazz bass. At least three BCers have played and admired the bass and hopefully at some point they will drop by and confirm this.[/size]

[size=4]I believe the bass was made [/size]by Fujigen Gakki, who were responsible for MIJ Fenders[size=4]. T[/size][size=4]he traditional J pickups rather that the earlier version that had p/ups that looked a bit like humbuckers would indicate mid to late 70s. [/size][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4]The 3-piece neck and fretboard are maple with vintage frets and nice block inlays and binding.[/size][/font]

[size=4]When I acquired the bass it had a rather unpleasant black finish. This I decided to remove as I had heard these basses had mahogany bodies. Sure enough they do, but it is a butchers’ block with a laminate in the middle rather than a solid 2 or 3-piece body. Hopefully the pics will show this. I have copious images of the refinish process if you are interested to see them.[/size]

The bass is now finished in Danish oil and to my mind is very attractive – clearly that is subjective. The bridge was replaced by the previous owner and is now a Wilkinson item with brass saddles. I have upgraded the electronics with a Kiogon manufactured twin stacked knob setup (including a new plate and jack socket) per the early jazz basses. A great bit of kit and gives the bass a good range of tones.

[size=4]If you have any questions at all, or require additional pictures of any details please ask away and I give as comprehensive an answer as I am able![/size]

[size=4]I think this is a good quality and inexpensive jazz-a-like bass for which I would like £175 ono which includes a good quality Sumo gig bag. The bass is currently strung with Fender 9050CL flatwound strings; super-smooth and creamy tones.[/size]

[size=4]For sale only, no trades at tis stage thanks very much.[/size]

[attachment=138005:Antoria Jazz 1975 05.JPG] [attachment=138006:Antoria Jazz 1975 06.JPG] [attachment=138007:Antoria Jazz 1975 07.JPG] [attachment=138009:Antoria Jazz 1975 08.JPG] [attachment=138010:Antoria Jazz 1975 09.JPG]

Edit: Forgot to mention that the pickguard is a replacement item. I have the original white one that will be included with the bass.

Edited by ead