Why become a member? ×

Old strings for charity

steve-bbb

self explanatory :)

[b] [url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2013/06/15/janek-gwizdala-launches-bass-string-donation-campaign/"][size=4]Janek Gwizdala Launches Bass String Donation Campaign[/size][/url][/b]

Edited by steve-bbb

I noticed Janek Gwizdala doing this - And it's all fair and well to see someone that changes his strings every 3 days doing this but I play til my tone is utterly horrible THEN change them. I'd feel I was doing someone a disservice by passing them on my old strings.

[quote name='AndyBob09' timestamp='1371321643' post='2112620']
I noticed Janek Gwizdala doing this - And it's all fair and well to see someone that changes his strings every 3 days doing this but I play til my tone is utterly horrible THEN change them. I'd feel I was doing someone a disservice by passing them on my old strings.
[/quote]

Might be worth chucking a bunch of old strings into a pan and boiling them before sending them off. Some of the musicians in central/south America are plahying without E strings or are tying knots in guitar strings. I'm sure dead strings are still a step up. :) But yes, for those musicians who replace them after every gig, this is something they could really help with.

I feel bad at my post now. I've only just read in to how people are trying to play with no strings and tying knots in them and what not. I didn't realise this happened in the world. Sorry guys! I genuinely feel bad now - And rest assured when I buy my next set (in around 6 months!), I'll endeavour to pass them on.