Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn (Ibanez Musician)
£800

olliedf89

[quote name='Rasta' timestamp='1374682604' post='2151821']
I'd sooo be tempted to this bass if one of my fivers would sell :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Someone buy this man's 5 strings!
I'd be seriously interested in a swap with that Lakland if only it was a 4 string!

[quote name='olliedf89' timestamp='1374684224' post='2151858']
Someone buy this man's 5 strings!
I'd be seriously interested in a swap with that Lakland if only it was a 4 string!
[/quote]
You do know the Laky 5501 is the easiest 5 string to play ever and of course it will sound totally 'awesome' with Nordstrand pick ups too :lol: ...seriously though its an easy transition and not too confusing after a couple of jams, alternatively remove a string - you'd thank me....eventually ;)

[quote name='Rasta' timestamp='1374688620' post='2151955']
You do know the Laky 5501 is the easiest 5 string to play ever and of course it will sound totally 'awesome' with Nordstrand pick ups too :lol: ...seriously though its an easy transition and not too confusing after a couple of jams, alternatively remove a string - you'd thank me....eventually ;)
[/quote]

Haha good effort but I'm staying put! .... for now hehe :D

One More Bump!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to try this bass out recently and it is absolutely fantastic.

It's the real deal; totally stock, original hard case, case candy - the lot!

Loads of tonal options, and that's even before you switch in the active circuit...

And when you do that, it's like 'LIFT OFF'.

Playability is excellent and IMHO, it looks the business!

If I were a little more flush right now and didn't already have a great thru-neck 4 string, this would have been mine.

Ollie's really cool to deal with too, so you can deal with him in confidence.

At £700, I really do think this is one of the best basses to be had for the money here on BC at the moment.

GLWTS

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1377426748' post='2187287']
I was lucky enough to try this bass out recently and it is absolutely fantastic.

It's the real deal; totally stock, original hard case, case candy - the lot!

Loads of tonal options, and that's even before you switch in the active circuit...

And when you do that, it's like 'LIFT OFF'.

Playability is excellent and IMHO, it looks the business!

If I were a little more flush right now and didn't already have a great thru-neck 4 string, this would have been mine.

Ollie's really cool to deal with too, so you can deal with him in confidence.

At £700, I really do think this is one of the best basses to be had for the money here on BC at the moment.

GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks Nik, much appreciated! Great to meet you!

[quote name='olliedf89' timestamp='1378228010' post='2197386']
Bump again.

Out of interest, is anyone actually interested in this bass at all? Wondering if there just isn't the desire for the bass or if people feel the price is inappropriate, which I don't.
[/quote]

I think it's just a sign of the times that this bass hasn't sold yet; and not a reflection on the bass itself or your valuation of it..

Fabulous bass IMHO and worth every penny!

[quote name='eubassix' timestamp='1373299066' post='2135836']
Nice example !
Different pickups /controls (I have an extra p/up selector switch) to mine (photo below) - what were the periods for the different pickup types?
[/quote]

I think these style pickups were introduced in 1982 .

[quote name='olliedf89' timestamp='1378563156' post='2201876']
Thanks for the input!
I think £700 is still a good price and I'm happy to hang on to it at this price, I'm not in any rush. We shall see!
[/quote]

If you want to sell this then fair enough , but I used to have this exact same model of Musician Bass back in the day , and they were fantastic -sounding and beautifully - made basses . The sound of these basses can be compared with the best high-end basses out there , and I'm talking about things like Wal's and Alembics ect . In terms of new basses currently on the market nowadays , you would be hard pressed to find anything that cost much under two and a half grand that could compete with one of these . I think you would be much better keeping hold of this than trading it for any of the basses you mention , none of which are in the same league as this . I know it's none of my business , and I don't often leave comments on members For Sale theads , but this bass is a true classic and will still knock spots off most current basses , so don't do anything silly like sell it for cheap!

Edited by Dingus