Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

OMD

tom1946

Lee Pomeroy and the guy from Doves are other lefty upside down string offenders. Pomeroy actually uses a LH bass but presumably has got so used to the stringing from previously playing RH basses upside down he won't swap back to conventional stringing. Looks well weird onstage but doesn't seem to compromise his playing, still seems to eke out a living ;)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1369904901' post='2094102']
Lee Pomeroy and the guy from Doves are other lefty upside down string offenders. Pomeroy actually uses a LH bass but presumably has got so used to the stringing from previously playing RH basses upside down he won't swap back to conventional stringing. Looks well weird onstage but doesn't seem to compromise his playing, still seems to eke out a living ;)
[/quote]i've bought a couple of basses from Mr Pomeroy and both times had to have the bridge and nut reversed ,im a lefty who plays proper like!!

Im a lefty who plays with the strings upside down. I never really thought about it until it was too late, haha!
My older brothers were in a band and I used to hang around rehearsals and have a try on all the instruments when they took a break. Liked the bass as it was strung with smooth flatwound strings and I could manage Walking On The Moon by The Police which was just out. Didnt get my own bass until 1982 and never owned an actual left-handed bass until 1993.