Why become a member? ×

[SOLD!| Roscoe Century std. 5
£1100

Bassdude BE

Hi fellow BC'ers,

due to the fact that the band i was playing is now "on hold" untill further notice and also because i need some money to fund other dreams i'm selling my beloved Roscoe Century std.

This is the third Roscoe i've owned (i also had a 4 string Century std. and a fretless 6 string Century std.) and i.m.o.
it is also the best Roscoe i've owned.

I don't know what it is about these 5 string necks on a Roscoe, but they feel so perfect that you don't want anything else
anymore once you've tried this!

This bass is no doubt the fastest, most easy to play and most inspiring instrument i've ever played (i've been totally G.A.S. free since i bought this!!) and she will surely be missed,
but as i'm going on a long trip in the nearby future and i can't possibly take all my gear with me i'm now looking for a new home for this amazing instrument.

here's the spec. sheet:

[color=#333333]•Roscoe Century Standard 5 (+ optional black hardware)[/color]

[color=#333333]• Swamp ash body[/color]
[color=#333333]• Fire orange finish with black grain highlights[/color]
[color=#333333]• Three piece Select Maple Neck[/color]
[color=#333333]• Exclusive graphite and steel reinforced precision adjustable neck[/color]
[color=#333333]• Maple fingerboard[/color]
[color=#333333]• 35" Scale - 24 fret - 16" fingerboard radius,[/color]
[color=#333333]• Hand carved Graphtec Nut[/color]
[color=#333333]• Bartolini CB Pickups in the Roscoe positions[/color]
[color=#333333]• Bartolini 3-band pre amp with push/pull mid freq shift [/color]
[color=#333333](250hz/800hz)[/color]
[color=#333333]• Black finish Hipshot B style bridge with 18.3mm string spacing [/color][color=#333333]and Ultralight tuners[/color]
[color=#333333]• Weight - 3.7kg/8lb 2oz[/color]

[color=#333333]The bass is in used but good condition,has a few small dents here an there, but nothing you'd notice with the naked eye except for maybe the three small dents on the back (see picture) caused by an idiot g**t*rist that threw his spare cable on there after our last gig. Anyway, she still looks beautifull and there's no noticable damage whatsoever except for the 3 miniscule dents on the back of the body.[/color]

[color=#333333]The bass has been recently set-up with a fresh set of DR Sunbeams and i'll throw in a (slightly used) spare set of Overwater Nickels as well.[/color]

[color=#333333]I'll also throw in a brand new heavily padded leather gigbag to keep her save while you're "on the road" (this is also shown in the pictures). ;)[/color]

[color=#333333]I'm looking for 1100GBP for this and this will include insured shipping to anywhere in the U.K. and other neighbouring countries [/color][color=#333333](i'm based in Belgium). [/color][color=#ff0000][b]=> THIS IS NOW SOLD AND ON IT'S WAY TO GREECE![/b][/color]

[color=#333333]The bass will be safely packed inside the thick leather gigbag that comes with it and a fitting cardboard box[/color]
[color=#333333](if you have any doubts about the safety of the packaging then please check my feedback as i have a lot of expierience shipping gear all over the world and it always arrived safe and sound at it's delivery adress!)[/color]

[color=#333333]No trades this time please as i've already sold all my other gear (this is the last one to go and also the most painful to let go of..) as i can't take any gear with me while i'm travelling, [/color]
[color=#333333]UNLESS [/color]
[color=#333333]you have a cheap acoustic g**t*ar that i can take with me while travelling and/or a compact loopstation of some sort that you can offer as a partial trade.[/color]

[color=#333333]I've added some pictures & you can find more pictures here:[/color]
[url="https://plus.google.com/photos/114565193968859214000/albums/5880107066837878769?banner=pwa"]https://plus.google....8769?banner=pwa[/url]

Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions.
kind regards,
Don

Edited by Bassdude BE

[attachment=135687:DSCN0837.JPG] [attachment=135688:DSCN0844.JPG] [attachment=135690:DSCN0853.JPG] [attachment=135691:DSCN0851.JPG] [attachment=135692:DSCN0850.JPG] [attachment=135693:DSCN0847.JPG] [attachment=135694:DSCN0848.JPG] [attachment=135695:DSCN0849.JPG] [attachment=135696:DSCN0863.JPG]

Edited by Bassdude BE

[attachment=135697:download (6).jpg] [attachment=135698:download (5).jpg] [attachment=135699:download (2).jpg] [attachment=135700:download (11).jpg] [attachment=135701:download (4).jpg] [attachment=135702:download.jpg]

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1369734875' post='2092018']
I had one of these for a while, in the same colour to, it was by far the nicest sounding bass I have owned.

Good luck with your sale.
[/quote]

Thanks bud,
it's a wonderfull sounding bass and a real player and i'm sure i will regret selling her in the long run, but needs must i'm afraid...

Anyway, i'm sure she will find a new home soon as my mailbox is already flooded with trade and cash offers from people that want to take this beauty of my hands, so if you're truly intrested i suggest you mail me quick before it's too late.. ;)

It's not for me I'm afraid, I can't get on with 35" scale or 18.5mm string spacing, that's why I sold mine :(

Still the nicest bass I've owned, I'm sure it will sell quickly.

[size=6]You're mad!!! [/size]This has got to be worth £2,000 if it's worth a penny..no wonder people are leaving you messages trying to take it off you...doesn't bode well for me selling mine if you're letting yours go for this money...are you sure the "long trip" doesn't involve men in white suits and padded accommodation???

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1369856491' post='2093651']
[size=6]You're mad!!! [/size]This has got to be worth £2,000 if it's worth a penny..no wonder people are leaving you messages trying to take it off you...doesn't bode well for me selling mine if you're letting yours go for this money...are you sure the "long trip" doesn't involve men in white suits and padded accommodation???
[/quote]

Hi there "Greek",
you might be right, but on the other hand : aren't all musicians a little crazy? :P

Point is that i'm not trying to make a lot of money out of this as i will be leaving for a long (backpack) trip soon and i'm looking for a quick sale.
Therefore i'm pricing this at 1100GBP wich is what i think is a fair price and that's exactly the amount i need to cover the expenses i have to make to prepare for my trip.

I already had loads of offers so far, highest bid at the moment is 1025GBP , but i'd still like to get the full 1100£ i'm asking for as i know she's worth a lot more than that. So if you're looking for a 5 string that will fullfill all your needs in sound, playability, craftsmanship and looks this might be your chance to get a genuine Roscoe work of art at bargain price. ;)

Payment can be done by paypal => gift or international bak transfer

kind regards,
Don

Edited by Bassdude BE

Hi bud,
i did a quick search on my laptop, but i can't seem to find any sounclips of the Roscoe at the moment,
but i did find this nice vid of "Yanni" on youtube where he is playing the 6 string version of my bass.
I'm sure you will find lots more nice demo vid's if you have look on youtube,
these are very versatile basses that can go from slap to jazz with a flick of the switch, it always amazed me how this bass kept inspiring me to explore new styles and techniques.

Here's one of Yanni's youtube vid's wehere he's using the century std 6 (hope he doesn't mind me posting this) :
http://youtu.be/P1Jvdd5veJw

You might want to take a look at "Damien Langkamer's" youtube channel as well,his Roscoe is a bit different from mine ofcourse,but the hardware and electronics are all the same and his videos where the first thing that got me hooked on the Roscoe sound. ;)
http://youtu.be/NqjWpvbRPak