Why become a member? ×

Anyone here snag this?

I was going to take a punt on this last night, but forgot all about it.

Had a weird clear scratchplate installed, but apparently MIJ so it was possibly a good buy for someone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Guitar-/281108332036

[size=4]Hi, I was going to bid on that myself but missed it. I asked about postage and she said £24 by courier. I thought it might make a decent spare. I have some CIJ pickups and a couple of P scratchplates so it looked like I was onto a winner but then I forgot! Apart from missing that I also missed a Westone Thunder 2 on ebay that went buy it now for £235... Gutted.[/size]

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1368958850' post='2083334']
[size=4]Hi, I was going to bid on that myself but missed it. I asked about postage and she said £24 by courier. I thought it might make a decent spare. I have some CIJ pickups and a couple of P scratchplates so it looked like I was onto a winner but then I forgot! Apart from missing that I also missed a Westone Thunder 3 on ebay that went buy it now for £235... Gutted.[/size]
[/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised if a few others forgot as well - a midnight end time probably wasn't a good idea!

I don't think the covers were originally on there so the previous owner had obviously done some fettling, but even if it wasn't actually an MIJ bass it was likely worth the money it went for.

Edit: I noticed yesterdy that there have been some stupid Matsumoku made bargains recently - sub £100 Arias! :o
[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1368959232' post='2083340']
I had to laugh when I realised that the 'nob on the front' she thought was missing, was actually the jack socket. :-) :-)

CB
[/quote]
That made me chuckle as well. :)

Edited by Musky

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1368958850' post='2083334']
[size=4]Hi, I was going to bid on that myself but missed it. I asked about postage and she said £24 by courier. I thought it might make a decent spare. I have some CIJ pickups and a couple of P scratchplates so it looked like I was onto a winner but then I forgot! Apart from missing that I also missed a Westone Thunder 2 on ebay that went buy it now for £235... Gutted.[/size]
[/quote]

I don't know how that Westone bypassed my auto-search - bargain!