Why become a member? ×

SOLD Black Music Man Bongo 4HH, graphite pearloid pickguard + strap + case
£725

Kevsy71

**SOLD**

For sale, used 2005 Music Man Bongo 4HH in black with graphite pearloid pickguard, including a custom leather strap that was created from an image of the pickguard pattern.

Slideshow of images here:
[url="http://www.flickr.com//photos/auntiebadger/sets/72157633439046199/show/"]http://www.flickr.co...439046199/show/[/url]

In full working order - gigged once (in the hard case!). Now that my band is only playing Motown and blues, the Sandberg VS is getting all the playtime because of its custom PB63 pickups suiting the material better.

Excellent neck with a rock solid bridge and tuners. Very easy action adjustment via the truss rod wheel and bridge saddles.

Wear and tear:
Some chipping on the edge of the fingerboard , a chip on the bottom front near the strap lock, and a thin scuff on the front of the headstock (see photos)

Comes with original Music Man hard/plush case (some scratches on outside, see photo slideshow), the case key, cleaning cloth, a wiring schematic and an Ernie Ball sticker. Strung with Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys.

£725 couriered in the UK - I will use Aylesford couriers who are near me and have been recommended on the Courier thread. The bass in the Sandberg's cardboard box, with plenty of bubble wrap.

Or £700 of you want to pick up, I'm 15 mins from J5 M25.

Payment via bank transfer, or PayPal (buyer pays fees).

Thanks for looking and please let me know any questions.

EDIT: corrected which motorway I live near - M25 not M2%!

Edited by Kevsy71

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1368819395' post='2082044']
What are the necks like on these? Are they like Stingrays & Big Al's? I never get on with MM necks, but have always wanted to try a Bongo...
[/quote]

I've not played a Stingray or Big Al so in all honesty cannot say - but looking at a couple of Talkbass threads it appears that Bongo neck is 'different' to the other EBMM basses, at least. Sorry I can't be more helpful :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1368819395' post='2082044']
What are the necks like on these? Are they like Stingrays & Big Al's? I never get on with MM necks, but have always wanted to try a Bongo...
[/quote] The necks are more like the stingray, definately not like the big al or sterling. Bongos are fantastic basses, i will sell mine soon only because the neck humbucker restricts my slapping.

• 1 month later...