Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Stack Knob Jazz (£1400) OR Warwick Streamer Stage I 4-String (£850) ***PRICE DROPPED***
£1800

fred8816

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Evening all, :)[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]I'm selling one of my two beautiful basses![/font]

[b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]****** Fender Custom Shop 60's Jazz Bass 1989 ******[/font][/b]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]An early example of the fine craftsmanship at the Fender Custom Shop USA in mint condition. [/font]

The n[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]eck is stamped 6/22/89 with S. Buehl; and body is 6/29/89 with Steve Olson.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]It has Lake Placid Blue finish with matching headstock, all parts are original.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]There's a small ding near bottom strap button but barely noticeable, overall I can say it's in near perfect condition with minimal fret wear.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]It has a new set of DR Marcus Miller Strings (45-105) on.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]The neck was warped slightly when I first got it, I took it to Manson’s Exeter and Hugh had the guys doing a heat treatment to correct the warp. It is now perfectly straight and is great to play. Hugh himself quoted that he has done jobs on much more severely warped necks before and none reoccurred after his treatment. Both John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and Matt Bellamy use Manson's instrument exclusively.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]The action is very low now with a great balance between body and neck. I don't have a scale to weigh it at the moment but I can say it's about or slightly lighter than an average Jazz. It feels great and sounds even better, that CLASSIC tone![/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Looking for [size=5][s]£1800[/s][/size] [b][size=5]£1400[/size][/b] shipped in UK[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][/font]

more pics here: [url="http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/fred8816/library/Selling%20CS%20Jazz%20and%20Warwick%20SSI/Jazz"]http://s1255.photobu...wick%20SSI/Jazz[/url]

[b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]****** Warwick Streamer Stage I 4 string ******[/font][/b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]The second bass is a Warwick SS1 made in 2001, I have owned it for around 4 years and has always been my go to bass. you can see it's been well used but not abused :)[/font]

The stock Just A Nut II has been upgraded with a synthetic JANIII. The bass was once dropped in a thin-ish gig-bag (due to my clumsiness), and the bottom strap button broke, it has then been professionally refitted at Manson’s Exeter, but the knock-off paint are still visible from the back (second pic)

It has the stock MEC Pick-Ups and an 18V active/passive circuit electronics

T.M. Stevens once used it during a bass clinic last year, (his signature model is merely a paintwork away) and commented, 'this s**t plays like butter, man!'

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Looking for [size=5][s]£999[/s][/size] [b][size=5]£850[/size][/b] shipped in UK[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][/font]

More pics [url="http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/fred8816/library/Selling%20CS%20Jazz%20and%20Warwick%20SSI/Warwick"]http://s1255.photobu...k%20SSI/Warwick[/url]

Two beautiful basses very different from each other, please feel free to come and try them out, I'm based in Exeter.

I can't decide which to sell but, ONLY ONE WILL GO

Please feel free to make offers, ask me anything!

Edited by fred8816

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='fred8816' timestamp='1369834059' post='2093214']
Cheers guys, all PMs replied.

One thing I can say is that the Jazz sounds even better than it looks :lol:

Have a great day!
[/quote]

Is that really possible :lol: :gas: :gas:
Bump

Thanks for the kind words! :)

I'm moving to another country around the end of the month and have too much to take with me on a plane... and that's the sole reason I'm selling them, if I could source a bag that takes them both, the sale will be withdrawn!

Anyone with [size=5]Mono Dual Bass[/size] bag at a reasonable price please get in touch!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...