Why become a member? ×

Superstition- Stevie Wonder

The Burpster

I sometimes use the [url="http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/site/music-plus"]creation b3ta[/url] music search service. Good for finding if other have put a particular song online, and that appears to be the case [url="http://www.thenovelsound.org/files/dance/BSDmuzzik/Stevie%20Wonder%20-%20Superstition.mp3"]here[/url]. :)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='211031' date='Jun 2 2008, 12:02 PM']Anyone got it on MP3 that they can email to me please?

PM me so I can send you my email addy!

Ta....

I've already paid for it from iTunes but thats in a protected format.....[/quote]

PM me your email and ill send you a copy if you still want it.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt see that its already been posted above.

Edited by dave_bass5

Thank you all, I'm being sent it as a file in an email thanks...

the links you posted above (thanks) just open up a player in Quicktime, from which I have too high a protection level to download them as shareware or seperate MP3 files.

I had my bank account hacked into a few years ago and now only use Linux based software.

Thanks for your efforts tho'

bob.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='211264' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:52 PM']Thank you all, I'm being sent it as a file in an email thanks...

the links you posted above (thanks) just open up a player in Quicktime, from which I have too high a protection level to download them as shareware or seperate MP3 files.

I had my bank account hacked into a few years ago and now only use Linux based software.

Thanks for your efforts tho'

bob.[/quote]

Can you not right-click / 'save target as' in Linux?

[quote name='alexclaber' post='211130' date='Jun 2 2008, 02:36 PM']Well it was written for Jeff Beck![/quote]

...Who came up with the riff during a jam with Stevie. Stevie actually played keys on the entire BBA album - only for them to have been wiped off.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='211283' date='Jun 2 2008, 06:34 PM']No it only gives me the link as an option not teh target..... sadly.... :)[/quote]
I'm running Firefox on Ubuntu Linux - no problem downloading files like that, either using "Save As", or the "DownThemAll" plugin I have installed. What browser are you using? You can't blame this on Linux itself...

I didn't know you could get QuickTime on Linux, but if I had it, I would rip it out it, if it's anything like as awful as QuickTime on Windows. :huh:

Edited by bnt

[quote name='The Funk' post='211270' date='Jun 2 2008, 05:59 PM']...Who came up with the riff during a jam with Stevie.[/quote]

He did? I thought Stevie wrote the song for Jeff as 'payment' for guesting on one of his albums but was told it was too good a song to give away!

Alex

[quote name='bnt' post='211326' date='Jun 2 2008, 07:38 PM']I'm running Firefox on Ubuntu Linux - no problem downloading files like that, either using "Save As", or the "DownThemAll" plugin I have installed. What browser are you using? You can't blame this on Linux itself...

I didn't know you could get QuickTime on Linux, but if I had it, I would rip it out it, if it's anything like as awful as QuickTime on Windows. :huh:[/quote]

I'm using Firefox 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9.

the link you posted will only work as a link and I cannot find a target to download. :)

QT is a good application that works well in Mac OS and FF.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='211356' date='Jun 2 2008, 08:45 PM']He did? I thought Stevie wrote the song for Jeff as 'payment' for guesting on one of his albums but was told it was too good a song to give away![/quote]

The way Jeff tells it, he and Stevie were jamming when Jeff stumbled across that riff. Then the story goes that Stevie took that riff and wrote the entire song within the space of about 10 minutes.

Jeff played on one of the tunes on [i]Talking Book[/i], which Stevie's version of [i]Superstition[/i] was on. Around the same time Jeff was recording his album with Bogert and Appice. Stevie had agreed with Jeff that the BBA version would be the single. When Berry Gordy heard Stevie's version he overruled Stevie and said it was such a good song that it had to be released as a single. As [i]Talking Book[/i] came out in '72 and I think [i]BBA[/i] came out in '73, BBA's single was kind of taken away from them.

I know that Stevie played keyboards on the entire BBA album but his parts were deleted. I'm not sure if he played keyboards on it before or after the agreement was broken - or if the deletion happened before or after - and whether to read anything into it anyway. Stevie did then "give" Jeff two songs for [i]Blow By Blow[/i]: [i]'Cause We've Ended As Lovers[/i] and [i]Thelonius[/i]. I've heard from places that he did that to try to make up for it.

The trouble is when you read or hear things fifth or sixth hand it's hard to tell what's actually true and what's made up BS.

Neither version is a cover though as both were recorded before either was released (I think).