Why become a member? ×

Newbie alert and advice sought

Pjpundit123

Hi All,
After a 20+ year break from playing, I found my old Vox Whiteshadow M Series bass. I started to pick it up in the evenings and plunder away on the strings obviously realising how much I had missed it. So since them I have been on a bit of a buying frenzy as well as putting in a little practice each night. I have a couple of questions I would love some advice on.

1) Does any one know a good bass technician in the Southampton/Winchester area ?

2) Can any one give me a little advice on EQ settings for my latest acquisition, an Overwater Aspiration Ltd Edition courtesy of Drew from Manchester Bass Lounge, a great guy to do business with. I am into all sorts of music, originally NWBM (New Wave British Metal) moving on to Thrash, Grunge, Punk, Prog Rock (thats when I was getting a little older), Blues (When I thought I could be a proper musician) and these days I even have Hip Hop, Funk and Jazz in the collection. So far I have found that the Overwater EQ is extremely sensitive to say the least (I am used to playing everything at 11)..

so what does the collection look like

[b]Basses[/b]

Vox White Shadow M series (bought in 86)

[attachment=134463:IMG_1198_1.jpg]

Hohner B2A

[attachment=134464:IMG_1196_1.jpg]

Overwater Aspiration Ltd Edition (Serial number 001)

[attachment=134465:IMG_1197_1.jpg]

[b]Six String (Yes i thought it would make me popular with the ladies, sorry)[/b]

Fender Strat Plus Deluxe in Firestorm Finish

[attachment=134466:IMG_1164.JPG]

And for those who noticed the amps in the back

I have a Laney AOR 30 Valve Combo - (Circa 1987), a Tech 21 trademark 10 (for the six string only) and the Roland Bass Cube 20XL ..

Finally if I have broken any rules or etiquette, do let me know !!

I look forward to becoming an active member of the community.

Cheers

ROBIN

Welcome Robin,

Right where do I start? etiquette? well I don't know about that but I need the number of a chiropracter after looking at the pics! Also what kind of strings have you got on that 6 string bass? they look an awfully narrow kind.

Cheers Leen.

Cheers all. Great to feel welcomed, BTW I forgot to say Mr Chris May was instrumental in helping me decide on the latest purchase, what a legend and gentleman. The 6 string has bullet 8's.. To be honest I have no idea why... Yep the Overwater certainly is well built. Now I just need to find my local back guy, again next question.. Any one know one around south Hampshire ???