Why become a member? ×

TRADED! Please remove
£675

SimonH

Hi there, looking to sell my Warwick Corvette $$ to fund spectacularly mis-timed eBay purchases. No, really. Also, to be honest, although the bass looks amazing, plays beautifully well, has a fabulous neck and sounds massive and versatile at the same time, I've come to understand I'm a passive, Fender kinda guy when it comes to playing live.

So the Warwick has to go. This is sad.

It's a MIG Corvette $$ 4-string fretted, swamp ash body, ovangkol neck, black hardware. The finish, according to the serial, should be natural oil, but somehow this bass has acquired a sort of tobacco burst which looks wonderful. The chap I bought the bass from reckoned it was down to regular polishing with Auto-Glym. Not sure about that. It's glossy, deep, even and looks for all the world like a factory finish to me.

The condition of the bass is 8/10 maybe a 9. The neck is arrow straight, frets have plenty on them, everything works (including the socket - I put a Switchcraft in there).

<deit> I forgot to mention the nut isn't a standard Warwick. Might have been a JANII and the ends snapped, and it's been replaced with a stock jobbie. Looks pro. No muck. String height is perfect. Will take pics tonight, promise!)

There are a couple of marks in the varnish on the back of the bass - I'll a close-up later. But she's in good order. Comes in a Warwick bag, but no candy.

Here are a couple of pics to start with.

I'm after less than I paid + delivery, which is [s]£675[/s] [s]£625[/s]. I can post, or you can collect, or we can arrange pretty much anything within reason. I will also take trades as long as it includes a bit of cash my way, to cover aforementioned eBay rashness. Like I said, I'm big on passive P/Js (not exclusively Fender!).

Mega thanks for looking,

Simon H

[attachment=134302:$$ 1.jpg]
[attachment=134303:$$ 2.jpg]

Edited by SimonH

[quote name='SimonH' timestamp='1367936406' post='2071196']
PS I apologise for the stick-on fret markers. I am ashamed. They will come off, obviously, for a proper player who knows where the notes are without looking.
[/quote]

No need to apologise, I think basses without fret markers look lazy and unfinished. Don't need to necessarily look at them while I'm playing, but I prefer to see them when I'm not playing :)

I should take some more pics-type bump. It's a lovely thing. Just not my thing. Make it your thing!

Seriously, I'm after a P/J or J passive, pref. Fender (MIJ?), but will consider any brand (soz, no Precisions, they're brilliant but I've already got one!). Even something with substantially less value, for which I'd be happy to make do with a favourable (for you) cash re-balance.

Take it off the top.

Now [i]there's[/i] a tune. TV on the radio. Falling asleep listening to disastrous continental (or sometimes East Anglian) heavy metal <sigh>. If I'd liked John Peel instead, I might've been more fashionable and pulled more often. But there's a difference between bad taste and no taste at all. No regrets.

Now would someone please buy my Warwick? It looks and sounds amazing.

[quote name='SimonH' timestamp='1368479487' post='2077654'] I'm after a P/J or J passive, pref. Fender (MIJ?)[/quote]

I have a 2009 MIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz that I might be interested in trading.... it has EMG pickups but the bass itself (i.e. electronics and tone circuit) is passive.

If you are interested, can you tell me a bit more about the kind of sounds that your Warwick can produce? I've never even played one, never mind owned one! :(

Hi Kev, pm'd.

Hi Conan, ah, is it a black one or a burst?

Basically, the Corvette is kinda supposed to do a bit of everything, and it's close-ish to most. So with both pups in single coil, you can roll between them from that honky thing on the bridge to the mellow, woody neck sound. Or you can mix up humbuckers in either series or parallel, or mix with either with the other humbucker in single coil. A lot of options. And that's before you start messing with the 2 band eq. Or active/passive push/pull. Both tone controls have a massive effect.

Overall, in the studio/bedroom, the sound palette is vast. It slaps like you wouldn't believe. It's always the bass I go to when I'm learning new techniques and riffs because it's so easy to play and sounds so good. The bass has a wonderful feel to the neck, really slick and fast. I have the action on the floor, how I like it, and fingers just float around. The neck is chunkier than a Jazz, with a deeper profile, but it's lovely to play.

My problem with the thing is - and this will sound daft - simply too much choice in a live situation for me. I've only been playing live for a couple of years so I'm still at the stage where I can't deal with too much stuff going on live, and the fact is I've found too much choice distracting, especially as we never get a chance to soundcheck. I just have to plug and play and get a decent tone immediately, and you really can't beat a passive precision or jazz or p/j for that. In fact you can't beat P bass full stop. Of course the downside is you're limited tonally and I imagine more adventurous and technically adept players than me would love the variety the $$ has to offer. But I'm just a bit overawed by it.

Hope this helps a bit!

Simon H

[quote name='SimonH' timestamp='1369008313' post='2083975']Hi Conan, ah, is it a black one or a burst?[/quote]

As black as a moorland pool on a moonless night.... and fitted with a black scratchplate too (although I still have the original white one).

Oh, sorry Conan, yes, I'm interested... I thought you were considering parting with the old girl. Can I pm you tomorrow afternoon? I'm in deepest Wales and the mobile signal is a little ropey.

[quote name='SimonH' timestamp='1369247961' post='2086935']
Oh, sorry Conan, Can I pm you tomorrow afternoon? I'm in deepest Wales and the mobile signal is a little ropey.
[/quote]

No worries Simon! I look forward to your Pm mate :)