Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton 210 cab: amp button switches tweeter on/off?

BassTractor

Here's what I found on Thomann:

[url="http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/HBBT210T-wColorbuttontext_zps6ba84eb2.jpg.html"][/url]

You'll see the text says that the tweeter may be "closed" (as in switched on and off?) with the [b]Color switch[/b] on fitting amps (as in some Ibanez Promethean, Beta Aivin, Harley Benton or RedSub (White Horse) amps) .
I can't remember even having seen demands for a special cable or whatnot. Also, the amp manual says nothing about it other than that the [b]Color control knob[/b] adjusts the overall tone colour from vintage to modern.

I don't believe it, and think it's quite illogical, but am open to being corrected.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

It does seem like an odd description - unless they've got a bi-amp setup like the old GK amps, which I don't think they do. It could be that the colour button/control on the amps are some kind of lowpass filter like the Markbass VLE, and they've just chosen bizarre wording to express that, perhaps?

There is no direct control of the tweeter from the amp, it's just another tone control. The cab has a variable attenuator though. It's just over enthusiastic marketing bs. I've owned one of the heads and currently the cab.

Cheers
Geoff

Yeah, at this price point, I expect a simple and cheap lowpass filter, with a few dB/Octave.
But no-one would ever state that the tweeter can be closed with the EQ of the amp, so...
But yeah, it's probably just bizarrely worded. Google Translate even maybe.

b,
b

The amps have a Markbass style control that rolls off the high end at progressively lower frequencies as you turn it ccw. I believe that's what they're talking about.

It is probably just poorly worded in that it implies a direct control where none exists. It is fair to say that if the Colour control is turned on and all the way anti-clockwise, I don't think the tweeter would be doing anything, pretty old school thump by that stage ;)