Why become a member? ×

Anyone down south with a BF super 12T interested in trying out some Baer cabs ?

hamfist

Hi all, I have a pair of Baer ML112 cabs and would be very interested in meeting up with someone reasonably near to me with a Barefaced Super 12 T. I could try your cab, you could try mine, with our own amps of course.
Just feel I should try out a S12T at some point.

I'm near Southampton. Anyone interested. I'd be prepared to drive up to, say, 40 miles to yours.

Edited by hamfist

To be honest I haven't been able to gig them at volume yet, just at band rehearsals and at church, so haven't had the best chance to assess them yet. What is absolutely clear is that they are utterly incredible for any dirty tones.
I bought an RH450 a couple of weeks ago, and on weds played one through a TC RS210 in a shop trying out some basses and the clean tones were really, really good. Much "sparklier" than with the Baers (no real surprise there). I've actually ordered an RS210 of my own, which will arrive tomorrow to try and assess with whole of the rest of my rig. There's a lot of hearsay evidence that the TC amps do work particularly well with the RS cabs. I do also feel it is almost my duty to try out a BF Super 12T, as I have heard so much about them.
I have a suspicion that the Baers might not quite have the versatility that I would ideally want. What they do, which is rock, ideally with some drive and dirt, they do utterly incredibly. But I need to decide I think, whether I am willing to sacrifice that "sparkle" up top with cleaner tones.

Just wanting to know my options really.

Well, I received a TC Electronic RS210 via DPD a couple of hours ago and I have to say that it does match up superbly well to my RH450, which is no real surprise at all as they were designed to go together.
The Baer/RH rig still rocks hard and sounds absolutely glorious with dirty tones on my P, but with the Stingray-influenced Ibanez, the clean tones are somewhat lacking in sparkle. The RH is inherently a slightly dark amp, and the Baers are clearly, by design, limited in their absolute top end response. For any kind of sparkle, it seems they are not the ideal mix.
I think for my needs the RS cabs are a better compromise, and I can get my dirty P tones close enough to that with the Baers. And with the lack of a BF super 12T to try (and not forgetting the wait time if I decided to order) I think I'm going with the RS cabs.

So, final answer, I'm getting another RS210 and selling the Baers. Gulp. Hope I won't regret this.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1366977400' post='2059729']
Hey Hamfist,

I'm in Mid Sussex and I have a Super12T - although I don't really have anywhere you can try it in anger, and I'm not interested in your Baer cabs either. But if you don't get a better offer send me a PM :)
[/quote]

Thanks for your offer. But in the end it seems like I've made a decision to go with the TC Electronics own RS cabs now though. Maybe I'd have taken you up on it yesterday, but my mind is set now !

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1366981879' post='2059853']
Nice Discus by the way :)
[/quote]

Thanks, but (sit down for this) it's actually a severum (to everyone else, we're talking about the fish in my avatar). The most colourful sev I've ever had (or seen for that matter). He's living elsewhere now, as he was a grumpy bugger !