Why become a member? ×

EWS BMC bust

Prime_BASS

Annoyed is not the word.

I brought this from Mark at BD just over a month ago, with him quoting it to be in excellent condition.
Despite this it was adding a lot of noise and the trim pot screw was damaged, although it still worked as it should(still turnable with a screw) and I'm not a nit picker about hiss and assumed it was amplifing what was already there.
It was working until last Friday.
Now when its on there is nothing. Lights are on but no one is home. It still adds the same noise/and his as before and you can here the mids being.sweeper when the boost is up or down. And upon closer inspection with the amp turned quiet high i can here faint signal coming through.

I have isolated the issue down to this pedal and tried with psu and with battery nd had it open and cant see any broken connections.

Need some one to send it too to hopefully get it back asap. I tried Tom at Cog but he didn't want to commit with a child expected so soon.

No I haven't just because it was brought from him secodhand and as much as I know personally, any sort of returns/warranty is void after a month and I've literally had it 5 weeks. Typical.

Although if you guys say to send him a bell I will and update.

Stephen

Got an email back from mark saying he'll have it looked at it, so I'm sending it off to him.

He said it could be a dry solder/loose connection, although I had a pretty decent look an aside from a few connections being slightly burnt they all looked good enough to me and non where broken, that I could see.

Hopefully have this sorted before the weekend.

As most of us know mark is one of the good ones so I'm hoping this goes as smoothly as most other stuff.

Will update when I get news back.

Edited by Prime_BASS