Why become a member? ×

SOLD !!!

jmesa

That's a strange one indeed... Not sure it's even an L2000 body... or bridge... and it seems to have sprouted an extra knob (ooh err missus!)... Looks good though!

Bet it sounds like the dogs balls though - never heard a G&L that didn't!

MMMM....it does indeedy have an extra knob ( now wouldn't that be useful ), MFD pickups look right tho and G&L are really cagey about selling parts including pups ( although they have started to sell pups fairly recently )

A strange one indeed.....G&L neck and pups fer sure, can't say much about the rest, the extra knob is weird....what does it do ?

S

A strange one indeed...

Those knobs are Vol / Bass / Treble / Pan by the way.
The three 3-way switches change the tone completely.

Panning towards the bridge gives a 'precision, but with some actual treble' sound, which is nice!

G&L basses don't normally have a pan knob, one of the switches will do that function.

I'd ask of a specific G&L forum, perhaps you've bagged some rarity..........I own an L2500 and did a lot of research and looked at a lot of G&L's before buying mine, and none had that extra knob, also the actual knobs themselves look plastic ???? ( could be the foto ), normally they'd be metal a la StingRay.

As I'm sure you know the ASAT has a Tele shaped body. I'd give a kidney for a 5 string F-holed hollowbody ASAT, as rare as unicorn sh*t. But v.v.v. cool.

S

[quote name='RichardH' post='209529' date='May 30 2008, 11:52 AM']Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like the body might be finished in the discontinued Red Swirl, like mine. If so, it's not a refin.

Here's mine (a pig to photograph properly)
[/quote]

thats lovely! - nig had a L5500 up FS on here a few months back in the blue swirl. Both look great - the gaudier the better with G&Ls I say,I love the metal flakes in particular - not too long ago there was a green metal flake SB2 with maple board on ebay that had my eyes bulging out their sockets every time I saw it. that and the silver flake JB-2 I missed out on twice

and for the seller flat black is always good :)

• 2 weeks later...