Why become a member? ×

AllParts jazz bass build finished (all parts)

yamahabass

Nice build, but could I be really cheeky and ask how much it has cost to put together and the spec's?

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it!

*edit* sorry if my questions are answered in your video, its hard to hear with all these damn kids :huh:

Edited by Horizontalste

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1365870177' post='2045451']
Nice build, but could I be really cheeky and ask how much it has cost to put together and the spec's?

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it!

*edit* sorry if my questions are answered in your video, its hard to hear with all these damn kids :huh:
[/quote]
haha thats fine,
i guess it all cost between £700-£800, obvioulsy theres quite a bit to pay in postage and import taxes BUT if you were buying a Pensa/sadowsky/suhr you would have to pay that anyway.
hope that helps

[quote name='yamahabass' timestamp='1365871221' post='2045463']
haha thats fine,
i guess it all cost between £700-£800, obvioulsy theres quite a bit to pay in postage and import taxes BUT if you were buying a Pensa/sadowsky/suhr you would have to pay that anyway.
hope that helps
[/quote]

Cheers, that was about what i was thinking. It's a great looking bass, there's something about Jazz's without the pickguard.
I'll take another look at your channel when thing's quieten down around here.

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1365937528' post='2046137']
What does it weigh in at?
[/quote]

short and to the point :D
ok the bass is about 5-6lbs , which i great because it works really well with the neck, nice balance.
i had a sadowsky before and the design its really strange, hollow bodies so the neck dive is insane. i cant work with a bass like that, i mainly play at home sitting without a strap. I selected everything on this bass after having light swamp ash basses (ie the sadowsky and a yamaha custom bb jazz bass) , crazy heavy 70's fender J basses and some other super J's. None of them would or made basses that suited my needs so i decided to just build my own bass.
hope that helps
joe

Edited by yamahabass

[quote name='xroads' timestamp='1365974801' post='2046902']
That's pretty cool, thanks for the video.

One question: did you have to file any frets or nut in order to set it up properly?
[/quote]
Yes!
when i put everything together the frets were way to high so i had to file them down quite a bit, especially at the top frets.
Also i bought and installed a TUSQ nut as allparts necks come without nuts. Its faily easy to glue and file, i have a few bone nuts incase i over file ;)

[quote name='yamahabass' timestamp='1366043181' post='2047647']
Yes!
when i put everything together the frets were way to high so i had to file them down quite a bit, especially at the top frets.
Also i bought and installed a TUSQ nut as allparts necks come without nuts. Its faily easy to glue and file, i have a few bone nuts incase i over file ;)
[/quote]

Nuts from aftermarket companies always need, in my experience, taken down.

My sole bass is an all parts build that sounds and plays great. I bought it secondhand so didn't assemble it myself but have played around with different pickups and string choices. The quality is great overall, body grain looks good, neck and fret work excellent. The guitarist in my band has just put together a tele based around warmoth parts and the quality and workmanship is incredible. I think there is a lot to be said in putting something together yourself from sourced parts.